Thread: Red Adobe CS4 installer...location

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Red Adobe CS4 installer...location 
    Banned
    For some reason when I use Red's Redcode CS4 Installer, it puts the new program files onto my raid, rather than into the Adobe folder on my C: drive. Is this some Windows setting I need to change? The installer doesn't provide any options for changing the default install location. I just don't know why it would put the files over on the raid when the program itself is located on the C: drive. Any suggestions?

Banned
    Hm...perhaps this is a much easier question to answer:

When you install a working copy of the Redcode CS4 Installer, can you tell me in which directory the installer puts the file ImporterREDServer.exe?

I'm assuming ImporterRED.prm goes into the folder called C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS4\Plug-ins\common (since all other .prm files go into this folder).

All someone's gotta do is do a search on their C: drive for the ImporterREDServer.exe file and let me know the exact folder directory it's placed in. Then I'll try moving it there manually and maybe I can get it working.

Banned
    Aha. Looks like others have had some glitches with installing the Redcode After Effects plugin, as seen in this thread HERE.

I followed the advice of other users and used the little program they recommend, called the Universal Extractor, which unpacks the Redcode Installer files into a folder of your choice. Then I manually moved all those unpacked files into the AECS4\Support Files\Media Core plugin\Common folder. Now I'm able to import R3D files directly into After Effects 9.0.1. Cool!!!!!

Banned
    So last question, and I think I've got this working.

Where should the "Presets" folder go that is generated when I unpack the Redcode CS4 plugin? I have moved the .exe file and the .prm file as stated above. But I'm not sure where to put the "presets" folder that is created separately, since After Effects already has a Presets folder with that name. (Note: maybe the presets folder created by the Redcode plugin is for Premiere only, and I don't need it in AE?)