Thread: The mini MetaFuze thread. Share your experience and findings

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Banned
    Any chance that Metafuze would incorporate some sort of "one-light"? I will just be thrilled to get my hands on ANY working Metafuze for R3Ds, but given that we are dealing with RAW files in a Red world, transcoding with some sort of initial color correction options might be highly beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Any chance that Metafuze would incorporate some sort of "one-light"? I will just be thrilled to get my hands on ANY working Metafuze for R3Ds, but given that we are dealing with RAW files in a Red world, transcoding with some sort of initial color correction options might be highly beneficial.

Hey man! =)

Sorry if I missinderstood you here... But that function is already in metafuze. You can load an rsx-file created in redalert for each of the added r3ds. I hope that the new version have functions for applying one single rsx to a whole batch. Also hope that the lut-support is extended to r3d. In 1.2 you could not load a lut for the r3ds. Would be sweet if that works in 1.3. Anything that michael can comment on? =)

The batch process includes an RSX/RLX for all selected. Adding a LUT to an R3D will be for later once we get all the mapping correct from the different red color spaces.

Michael
    ‎"There are a thousand ways to point a camera, but really only one."
    Ernst Lubitsch

Banned
    Cool. I didn't know that you could use an RSX with batch processing.

Is there any reason that the quality of the resultant DNxHD 175X file would be different from the one that Redcine generates?

I remember reading that some people were having trouble with Metafuze if they didn't have the right version of quickTime on the system. I can't find that thread now though. Which QuickTime is providing the best functioning of Metafuze for R3Ds?

EDIT: Darn, just realized that Redcine creates an RCC file...but not an RSX file, which must be RedAlert specific.

Quicktime 7.4.5

and RedAlert for the RSX file.
    Forrest
    Post Box Post

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Quicktime 7.4.5

and RedAlert for the RSX file.
    The RSX file would have to either come directly from the camera or be written on another machine, since MetaFuze runs only on Windows at the moment (Red Alert is Mac only).

Just one of the reasons I went out and bought a Mac.
    Forrest
    Post Box Post

yeah. grade the shots on a mac with red alert. then bring folders with footage (and new rsx files) on an external drive to metafuze pc and process away....

i wish SO MUCH that RedCine PRO existed, for $995, and did everything 110% proper and easy, with ALL formats supported. that would absolutely rock. but i have brought that up before, and there are new choices coming from 3rd parties, so i can't complain really.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parker View Post

i wish SO MUCH that RedCine PRO existed, for $995,
    It's called ScratchCine but it costs a bit more:(
    Igor Ridanovic
    www.HDhead.com
    Co-founder of RED Los Angeles User Group

Any chance we can see MetaFuze blend with RedCine some day? I.E. color in RedCine and export to mxf with an ale? Or i suppose the other option would be adding color functions to MetaFuze. Personally i like the timeline functions and responsiveness of RedCine. Is there even remotely a chance that Red will incorporate Avid technology in it's software or am i dreaming?