Thread: RedRushes and ALE

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    okay.
    i think i found the reason for this problem.

with mac osx 10.4 redline generates ale-files where the file type is »ISO-8859 text«.
    with mac osx 10.5 redline generates ale-files where the file type is »ASCII text«.

to be exactly:
    in my case to bad file is »iso-8859-1«-encoding and the good file is »us-ascii«-encoding.
    if i try to modify it with »iconv«, i can strip the unprintable charcters, but not the extra letters. :-(

3. #13 here is the solution for that problem! 
    ok.

here it is. since i also have this issue - my friend made small application which is working with this. just import your "strange characters" ale file here and press button. voila. ALE is clean now.

this works JUST with "strange characters" ALE file. when "cleaned" you CANNOT use it again. it is not foolproof, it was made just for that - to clean ALE.

filip.

p.s. please, check my next post - will attach it to post. need to translate button captions from polish to english :)

p.s. 2. do you need also WIN version? this one works only on macs.
    in K I N O veritas!

4. #14 need someones server to put my file there 
    ok. it looks that my file is too big to send it via reduser upload. i need just 2.4Mb SERVER SPACE to send you zipped file. in the meantime - here is how it looks. (it's really, really simple program)

filip
    in K I N O veritas!

thanks.
    but i'm not interested in »another app« to use.
    can you tell me how you did this?
    for my workflow i'm scripting with redline.
    i can handle the problem when there's no space in the filename.
    but (the luck of the draw) i'm having files which result in a space between the strange letters itself.

ok. understand.

but this is not "another app" :)

it's just two more clicks.

you do not need to LEARN anything. it's really, really simple. you can send me your *.ALE flle so i can take a look how it looks and behaves, and maybe correct my app. i beleive it's much easier and less time consuming to using it than to even write this kind of posts.

you can send me email directly if you wish with your ale file or to discuss this thing (JUST REMOVE NUMBERS from following e-mail address):

filip9876@acn1234.waw1234.pl

or send me p.m. with your email address, so we can contact each other and exchange files etc.

filip
    in K I N O veritas!

it was me as well :-), it is definitely a TIGER problem. I solved it by going metacheater. Also the characters are very specific so you can also replace them find-replace tool in any text program.

Mahvo