Thread: completely off-topic.. f*#@king unbelieveable.. i'm speachless..

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looks like a pretty cool camera. Especially shooting to an HDMI capture card...

im going to sell my 100a, buy this camera.. and rehouse it.
    I dont want to bring a small camcorder to a professional gig.. so I will rehouse it in a much more solid and professional housing.. (it will still be compact)
    Great piece of gear for B-roll... maybe we can get the Reel-Streem guys to do some mods!! get a 2k output or close too

Yes, shooting to Intensity works well. I directed something shot that way last night, actually!

Zakaree, it has a Cine mode which is pretty decent - gets a flatter dynamic range and less sharpening, similar to (but not as good at, of course...) a Reel-stream mod. I have the famous Stouffer chart used for the Red latitude tests and will post some tests when I have time... at the moment I'm working on a homebuilt sub-$1000 10.6" 720p LCD monitor for it (which has HDMI in so will work with the Red too...) and that is killing me for time (okay, along with, you know, a full time job ;)
    here's some photos of it hooked up to the HV20 - http://www.boacinema.com/projects/lcd_monitor/

I think the beauty of the HV20 is that it leaves you with more money to spend on other things that don't go out of date - eg lights ;) - or get a 35mm adapter and start buying Nikon lenses that you can use with the Red. I've even considered getting the Red zoom, since the sgpro and Brevis have PL mount adapters...

Cheers

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com

Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boy View Post
    The other day my wife said "honey I'd like to get a video camera for our vacation, nothing too expensive", being a selfless guy I thought "Hmm, how can this work for me?" I did a little research and ordered an HV 20, "for the family". I came home from a scout today and the box is sitting in the kitchen, whatever. checked my e mail, went to Reduser and now.. I can't wait to open that box ! see ya.
    Aloha
    -A
    LOL. That's how I got mine...under the pretense of family videos.

I'm amazed by this camera. I've used it for some brief family stuff and then as a b-camera on bikini shoots. I have to say the quality is very nice, especially when viewing HDMI out to an HD TV.
    I know how to do it. You just wouldn't know it from the way I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaree View Post
    im going to sell my 100a, buy this camera.. and rehouse it.
    I dont want to bring a small camcorder to a professional gig.. so I will rehouse it in a much more solid and professional housing.. (it will still be compact)
    Great piece of gear for B-roll... maybe we can get the Reel-Streem guys to do some mods!! get a 2k output or close too
    You should just put it in a underwater housing. That would confuse anyone who looked at it:)

Tim
    The only person who could miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it. - Dawn of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Allen View Post
    Yes, shooting to Intensity works well. I directed something shot that way last night, actually!
    Not with an HV20 you didn't. Its flavor of HDMI doesn't work with the Intensity. You can use the component connections with an Intensity Pro, though.

cross-examiner
    To the rhythm that the reduser.net users are buying this new toy, I believe we must ask to Jarred a sub-forum dedicated to this Canon or to the single CMOS chip technology cameras.
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

Quote Originally Posted by mmost View Post
    Not with an HV20 you didn't. Its flavor of HDMI doesn't work with the Intensity. You can use the component connections with an Intensity Pro, though.
    Yes I damn well did! Use Velocity brand HDMI cables. It IS compatible. Went straight into Premiere.

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com

was the quality difference worth the effort ?
    Aloha
    -A
    Alex Viarnes
    Poi Boy Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boy View Post
    was the quality difference worth the effort ?
    Aloha
    -A
    I'm going to find out soon - was too busy directing performance to worry about the technical stuff. This wasn't my shoot technically - I was just called in to work with the actress. They just happened to be using an HV20 too and had a fancy Intensity setup.

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com