If those with really low reservation numbers (<100) get their cameras by August, you can always consider renting the RED from them.
For myself, I have an October feature production planned. But since I am producing this project myself, I can push the date if the RED has not shipped. But I won't delay the project indefinitely... if my camera does not ship by December, I will likely look at other options, namely renting a 35mm package. Or I'll go with my original, pre-RED plan, shooting with my buddy's F900. I'd rather shoot with the RED, but I plan to make a good movie either way.