Thread: updates for PC workflow?

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by mahvo View Post
    Henrik go home have a beer ;-) , I really want to look at the tapename issue because the camroll is what I export EDL's as later in our process. Really dont want to have to change that. Looking forward to seeing results next week...

mahvo (you know who I am :-))
    Hehehehe. =) Yeah the camroll is used in the RR approach if I'm not mistaken. But if we go metafuze instead of RR it wouldn't really be a problem. Then the camroll is never involved and the only real issue I can see is that we would have two different looking EDL's. But that's probably no biggie and sounds fixable. =) I might be overlooking something here though. :nerd:

I'm more worried over the speed issues. Might be a workaround if one can run it from command line and run several instances of it on same computer. That will be next weeks joy. :ninja:

ok cool, not at all an issue, but as I said before the clipname will be changed in the logging. So some other info would be nice that points back to the original R3D, especially with 16 charcaters then you can not go wrong

am going to check it out a bit myself on my slow but intel PC at home :-)

mahvo

I have asked that RED use the 16 char in the TAPE field rather than the Camroll moving forward. The short REEL can then be put into the Camroll. I edit the ALE file before import and swap TAPE and CAMROLL in the column section of the file.

MetaCheater allows you to select TAPE ID based on how it parses the file name.

Michael
    ‎"There are a thousand ways to point a camera, but really only one."
    Ernst Lubitsch

MIchael. this little webapp will do the same thing to RedRushes ALEs automatically, you can also modify the ALE to include audio channels so you don't have to worry about doing it in MC. Thanks to Bob Maple for puting this together.
    http://idolum.com/redrushes-ale.php
    Forrest
    Post Box Post

Very nice - we will be changing the way MetaFuze works for reel ID. The issue is that MetaFuze uses the file name found in the R3D file not the one at the directory level (which can be changed). Unfortunately, they do not match. The last two characters are made to make the filename unique only exists at the filename level.

We will change MetaFuze to give you the choice so you can match workflows.

Michael
    ‎"There are a thousand ways to point a camera, but really only one."
    Ernst Lubitsch

After my testing I think that Tapename is good enough, you can still get this out in an EDL and it works on most ONLINE conform and grading suites

mahvo