Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RELEASED: RED ADOBE CS4 INSTALLER (v1.3.0)

Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Renczes View Post
    Hi Paolo,

(Yeah, I'm part of the engineering team @ Adobe.)

If the .epr file is there, then I'm not sure why it would fail. Can you attach a zip file with the .epr file, and a sample .prproj file that won't reload?

Thanks
    Hi Wil,
    thanks for your help.
    Here are the files requested. Hope you can find the reason.
    Best,
    p.

Guys,

If I want to output DPX to cc in Baselight, is it best to put color profile as None in AE ?

Since there's no ISO setting, is there any work around if I want to assign lower ISO setting to the R3D file ?

thanks

José

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene_Doig View Post
    The installer reports "out of disk space--volume '%temp%'; required space: 1,520KB; available space 0kb. Free some disk space and try again"
    A couple of questions:

1) Mac OS X or Windows? Which version of these Operating Systems? Which Service Packs?

2) How much memory does this machine have?

3) How much space is available on your temp drive (on Windows this is normally your C: drive)?
    ROBCODE Santa Claus @ RED

"You get the chicken by waiting for the egg to hatch, not by smashing it with a hammer" - Jarred

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Tinari View Post
    Hi Wil,
    thanks for your help.
    Here are the files requested. Hope you can find the reason.
    Best,
    p.
    Questions for Wil

I have been having the same problem, but I cannot change to a QT preview file format, when I do Premiere force quits with a fatal error report. Right now I am running a trial version, will getting the full version correct this problem? Does the problem have to do with the XP 32 bit SP3 that I am running? Will Vista 32 or 64 bit correct the problem? Or is the "I-Frame Only MPEG.epr" file corrupt and I just need to replace it?

Thanks

Hi rob,

Thanks for you response.

I'm running-

XP professional service pack 3
    4ddr2 ram ( i'm going to have to upgrade!!)
    Q9400 2.66GHz
    5Gb unused on C:/
    Updated both AE and PR

I actually got it to install. I downloaded a program called universal extractor. It extracted the files from the Red cs4 installer into a folder, then i moved those files into there correct folders. Seems to have worked so far. Although AE seem to crash when using rd3 files. What files do i need to place into AE folders besides RedSettingsPal.aex? Do i place ImporterRed to any of the AE Folders?

Great work on the release of the Red plugin, seems like it was well worth the wait!!

Thanks

Senior Member Radoslav Karapetkov's Avatar
    Ha ! :sorcerer:

You can use Adobe Media Encoder to directly convert a .R3D file to whatever you like... all the vFW codecs and stuff...

... This is intense sweetness.
    EveryOne is the One...

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Tinari View Post
    So it is true, i'm the only one who is:
    - fully updated
    - editing like a breeze on a mbpro
    - unable to reopen a saved project: "this project contained a sequence that could not be open. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associate ith this sequence type"
    I too am having this problem: I am using XP Pro SP3, have CS3 installed and installed CS4 trial version (purchased from adobe store on DVD). I installed, updated Pr to 4.0.1.0 and AE to 9.0.1. I then downloaded and installed the Redcode CS4 installer package for windows. I can not reopen a project. Same message. However my choices are I frame or Microsoft .avi.
    If I click the "configure" button, Pr crashes every time.

Quote Originally Posted by neathedo View Post
    If I click the "configure" button, Pr crashes every time.
    Me too, configure crashes.

And i'm on trial too. Are we "the not reopeners" all on trial? It seems we are.

There you go. Thanks to Luca Immesi for the input:
    From the master collection trial window:
    *Adobe Encore CS4 is not available as a trial. It will be installed as part of the trial DVD set for Creative Suite 4 Production Premium and Master Collection but will not be available for use until you purchase. The trial versions of Adobe After Effects CS4, Flash CS4 Professional, Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, and Soundbooth CS4 do not include some features that depend on software licensed from parties other than Adobe. For example, some codecs for encoding MPEG formats are available only with the full version of these products.

Brains out there trying to solve this, steam off.

Thanks so much, I thought that was the problem, I just wanted to be sure before going out and getting the licensing for it.