Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RELEASED: RED ADOBE CS4 INSTALLER (v1.3.0)

Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Quote Originally Posted by karapetkov View Post
    Any possibility for RED integration in OnLocation? :detective2:

That would be my dream setup for monitoring/scoping the image being captured. Maybe with Scarlet/Epic's mysterious WiFi remote control functionality. Or maybe the I/O module will have Firewire out or HDMI out, or maybe, just maybe, a built in Amimon wireless HDMI chip!!

I think the recording aspect would be too much to ask for. And to be honest, I think Adobe really has to push for that. The last time I spoke with the director for Onlocation, which was a few months ago, he was touting the wonders of and relevancy of HDV in today's market and saying that they would take HDMI capture under advisement. This, to me, meant that RED camera users are not their core market and that OnLocation was just bait to get Serious Magic's DV Rack HD users to buy into the Premiere Pro family ( I am sure there is a clever marketing term for that).

Besides, are we still on topic here, or should this be a new thread?

Anybody having problems with rendering a full res 4K preview out of AE? I set the RED settings to 4K but I can't view the 4K footage at full res, only half res.
    www.digitalshakedown.com

EPIC-W + ...
    DIGITAL SHAKEDOWN - CREATIVE MEDIA PRODUCTION

Any News about have playback using Aja Kona on CS4 and R3D timeline?

Thanks

G

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Kirchhoff View Post
    Anybody having problems with rendering a full res 4K preview out of AE? I set the RED settings to 4K but I can't view the 4K footage at full res, only half res.
    Me too... please help!

5. #165 quad core or new i7 core 
    Hi everyone,

I want to buy a new Quad Core PC for editing my RED stuff with Premiere. Now I have to decide whether I buy a 'normal' quadcore or the new intel i7 quad-core processor. Can premiere handle the new i7? Is the new i7 a benefit for using premiere? Does premiere support multithread? The i7 doesn't use Frontside Bus, is this a problem?

I would be very thankful if you could help me with this question. If not, maybe you have a proposal, where I can get this information.

Thanks for your help

Humm. The installer quits when I try to install the REdcode. System specs are fine and up to date. I'm not using the Creative Suite, though, just the 2 apps, AE and Premiere CS 4 with the updates..... Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene_Doig View Post
    Hi rob,

Thanks for you response.

I'm running-

XP professional service pack 3
    4ddr2 ram ( i'm going to have to upgrade!!)
    Q9400 2.66GHz
    5Gb unused on C:/
    Updated both AE and PR

I actually got it to install. I downloaded a program called universal extractor. It extracted the files from the Red cs4 installer into a folder, then i moved those files into there correct folders. Seems to have worked so far. Although AE seem to crash when using rd3 files. What files do i need to place into AE folders besides RedSettingsPal.aex? Do i place ImporterRed to any of the AE Folders?

Great work on the release of the Red plugin, seems like it was well worth the wait!!

Thanks
    Thank you! I downloaded the universal extractor and then put the ImporterRED. prm and the ImporterREDServer.exe in the AECS4\Support Files\Media Core plugin\Common....

AND IT WORKS!!!!!!

Banned
    I'm trying the same technique with Universal Installer. Looks like it works! But...one question.

Where do I put the Presets folder that is unpacked by Universal Installer? There is already a folder in AE CS4 called presets and I don't want to overwrite it since it contains many other program presets. Or actually, maybe that new Presets folder from the Redcode plugin is for Premiere? I'm only using this with AE.

Great try... keep it up