Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HUNTER PREY the movie. By far the coolest thing ive seen shot on a RED.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 HUNTER PREY the movie. By far the coolest thing ive seen shot on a RED. 
    I HAVE HAD THIS SECRET FOR CLOSE TO 8 MONTHS NOW
    damn it feels good to be able to talk about it.
    Everyone here and RED deserves to see this footage , movie and what is truly possible on a small budget. To shoot this without RED1 would be next to impossible to pull off at such a high quality.

This is still up to date the coolest thing visually I have ever worked on.

Early this year I joined a film crew of about 20 people give or take.
    We all packed up in if my memory recalls right 5 trucks and 1 RV.

My role started as one of the Camera Providers thanks to Imagitorioum studios Richard Marchello he let me take the camera for a month.
    And on set I was a 1st AC / camera operator when they would let me / workflow D.I.T. manager / translator with the public / assistant to the producer / and human mule.
    Everyone on the crew played the role of 3,4,5 crew members.
    They was 1 women she was audio and she pulled her weight plus easy 3 others, totally impressed with her work capabilities.

We drove down to San Felipe Mexico and shot the flat out coolest movie I have seen in some time.
    And I was part of the crew that was RAD.

Its all about the look, location and characters in this movie.
    The storyline is fun but the movie is just one of those movies that make you say damnnn.

Sandy Collora was one of the writers and the Director he directed the ever so famous.
    "BATMAN DEAD END" fun to watch no doubt.

http://download.theforce.net/theater...ull_Screen.mpg

So we had a HELL OF A TIME good times, and hard times, hunger and always needed water.
    I believe we reached temperatures of 115% in the sand with some small sand storms hitting us from time to time.
    Ya the camera would shut down fortunately we had 3 with i think 9 Raid Drives.
    Shooting Angenuix 24-290 15-40 and an arri 8mm R

Here is a good link on an interview with Sandy read it if your interested its informative.

http://io9.com/5091379/first-look-at...y#viewcomments

here is another

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/new...nteresting.php

If you are a fan of the first StarWars youll like this movie.
    Sandy held the Guinness book of world records for consecutively viewing that movie back to back. Years ago, but he did hold the record.
    So its safe to say you know hes a major fan to the 10th power.

I will give more and more information as they allow it.

I have some pics that hopefully they will allow us to show one day.

Honestly I have never been a part of such a hard production to pull off on an extended period of time, under such harsh conditions.
    And I have a feeling that it will all pay off when the movie comes out.

TRAILER is out.
    Internet buzz is heating up also on various websites.

http://fancinematoday.com/2009/04/07...-hits-the-web/
    Luis Flores Jr - Shooting CHUCK HANK and THE SAN DIEGO TWINS & RUNNER -

EPIC DRAGONS #202, #1031
    EPIC-M Cameras #960, #1046
    EPIC-X Camera #300

Los Angeles

GOOGULPLX@aol.com
    (805) 822-9870 ce

What a relief Luis!
    I now how much you enjoyed the movie at times, and it was the toughest job that I have ever DP'd in my life.
    I have seen a cut of the movie and people are in for a real departure and treat.
    Ed Gutentag
    Cinematographer
    HUNTER PREY
    Ed Gutentag
    Cinematographer
    310-990-3418
    IMDB Page
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0349177/

Web
    www.edgutentag.com

Nice... whats the synopsis?

Synopsis?
    you can get alot from this.

http://io9.com/5091379/first-look-at...y#viewcomments

EPIC DRAGONS #202, #1031
    EPIC-X Camera #300

Los Angeles

GOOGULPLX@aol.com
    (805) 822-9870 ce

Luis does all the fun gigs!! He is a good music video director too!

~S

Thanks S. Does that mean you finally saw my music video?

I figured you forgot.

Hunter Prey so needs to shoot part 2 on that awesome space ship we worked on together.
    Cheers.

L.

EPIC DRAGONS #202, #1031
    EPIC-X Camera #300

Los Angeles

GOOGULPLX@aol.com
    (805) 822-9870 ce

Of course! It took days for me to catch up on the day of work I missed, and my sleep.. then I could watch it without interruption. It's got a cool vibe!

~S

8. #8 Yo Luis, thank you. 
    Every word Luis has laid down is absolutely true.

HUNTER PREY has been kept under wraps since April, a great interview with the Director, Sandy Collora, has just been posted on io9, here's the link: http://io9.com/5091379/first-look-at...y#viewcomments
    If you Google HUNTER PREY + Sandy Collora, you will already find many pages of links to other sites which are picking up on the story.

This project is the collaborative effort of the Producers and Director of BATMAN:DEADEND, one of the most downloaded short films in internet history. This is our fifth project together.
    We the Producers, Simon Tams and Daren Hicks, who own one of the three REDs taken down to Mexico, are ecstatic with the footage we came home with. When Sandy first proposed the project, I (Simon) felt that the RED which I had already put my deposit on would be the only way to shoot in the grueling climate with a very limited crew, particularly after scouting the locations. Luis exaggerated the crew size a bit at 20... that included the cast.
    I was also very interested in what Sandy would be able to do with the camera. He has a very visual style which he uses to compose his shots on the fly based around the highlights the locations offer. This is pretty easy for him because he has the film composed frame by frame in his head and he just needs to find the right position to let it flow out.

The RED behaved remarkably well, even though there were days over 115° when the camera would shut down. But not that often, and cold packs were used as needed, or as available.
    The shoot was hot, bright and dry. There was limited shade, limited good food, as much water as we could lay our hands on, loads of bugs, scorpions, sand, sandstorms, dirt, and lots to carry. The camera crew did an exceptional job working under such extreme and harsh conditions.

But we sure did get some pretty pictures.

My wife Daren and I would like to thank the whole crew, but in this forum particularly the camera department.
    Ed Gutentag - D.P.
    Felipe Perez-Burchard - Cam Op 'B' cam
    Jon Yonkondy - 1st AC
    Luis Flores Jr. - DIT, AC and everything else he listed
    Charles Scheinblum - Camera assistant

Toby Devine - Editor
    Semerad - VisFx http://www.semerad.tv/

We are very excited by what we have seen in the edit bay, the project is nearing the final edit, VisFx are looking good and we will be moving into sound edit soon. We can't wait to show people this film, it will set the bar high for what will follow.
    Here is a short statement by the Director Sandy Collora to help explain what the film is about.
    "The film centers around a crew of special forces commandos who must recapture an alien prisoner that has escaped after the military transport ship carrying it crashes on a desolate and hostile planet. There are subtle political and environmental overtones that I certainly don’t hit anyone over the head with at all, but that will hopefully make you think about things like war, politics and current events, by presenting them in situations cinematically from a uniquely different perspective. That’s one of the great things about Science Fiction; You can tell the audience something in a very unique way by using the guise of a futuristic world or society that can reflect our own."

Thank you,

Simon Tams & Daren Hicks

Producer
    NBV Productions, Inc.
    HUNTER PREY
    310.559.5322 office
    310.877.3091 cell

As you can see below, one of the redeeming factors was that we stayed in a nice house on the beach... in the first pic, the camera is on the porch.

Hoping this is incredible. Love the Boba-Fett inspired designs.
    +

AYZ WARAICH
    F I L M M A K E R | R E P L I C A N T

(TO OUR BRIGHT WHITE HEARTS)

That batman movie is crazy! Good joker performance...

Is hunter prey a feature BTW? Love the gear, are there humans under there?