Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Hate to keep beating a dead horse here.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hate to keep beating a dead horse here. 
    Banned
    All Red's new cameras sound unbelievably amazing, I was hoping to hear some announcement on the future of red post. Anybody hear anything about that?

I heard Adobe kicks ass! Jim made mention of that last night that it would work with Red native. I would like to hear some actual user feedback.

Benjamin Franklin.....sort of

Kevin Lang DP/Camera Op
    Lang Film Company

A guy from adobe mentioned the plugin "should" be ready before thanksgiving. He did stress that "should" part. It,s somewhere on the Nov 13 response- so I can't find it.

Still waiting for Avid support before I buy a RED.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McCarrick View Post
    Still waiting for Avid support before I buy a RED.
    http://www.avid.com/red
    Cail Young
    Problem Solver
    Inspiration Studios, Melbourne, Australia

Deenan said Adobe Plugin available Nov 20th. See Workflows
    Keith Nealy Productions
    Big Island Hawaii
    EPIC -X
    www.keithnealy.com

Quote Originally Posted by cailyoung View Post

Still not fully supported... I have to do all that shit with the metadata and then batch import. Not doing it. If I can't pull in files directly from REDCine, I'm not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by raulgonzo View Post
    A guy from adobe mentioned the plugin "should" be ready before thanksgiving. He did stress that "should" part. It,s somewhere on the Nov 13 response- so I can't find it.
    We'll have it before Thanksgiving. Just wrapping up a couple of bits, and along with the plug-in (downloadable from RED/support and linked from Adobe) will be a Premiere Pro and After Effects update to CS4 that is required (read you'll be much happier if you take the update).

Native support for R3D files in Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore --- pull it in, switch resolutions on the fly. It's all good stuff.

Simon Hayhurst
    Adobe Dynamic Media Team
    Simon Hayhurst
    Adobe Dynamic Media Team

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McCarrick View Post
    Still not fully supported... I have to do all that shit with the metadata and then batch import. Not doing it. If I can't pull in files directly from REDCine, I'm not using it.
    Because with film there sure are no intermediate steps between the camera and editing with the AVID, you can just pull the roll of exposed negative off the camera and feed it into the computer through the slot in the front.
    Clint Johnson
    http://clintjohnson.com
    Original Owner RED One #351
    Part owner of RED Epic-X

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Johnson View Post
    Because with film there sure are no intermediate steps between the camera and editing with the AVID, you can just pull the roll of exposed negative off the camera and feed it into the computer through the slot in the front.
    Never shot film, never plan to, actually don't really care it exists. Scanning and all the crap of film is one of the primary reason I don't use it. (Not to mention film grain, can't stand that crap either)

Although, with film you can neg. cut without anything in between.