Thread: Anybody cutting RED footage with Final Cut Pro in the Toronto area?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Anybody cutting RED footage with Final Cut Pro in the Toronto area? 
    edit

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Roberts View Post
    My camera is ready to go but my business partner is still freaking out about the post production workflow. I have tried to explain it to her but there are so many ways to approach it that I think she just got confused. She needs to sit down with someone who is actually doing it and ask questions to ease her fears.

We would especially be interested in talking to someone who is cutting for a 1080P output to DVD or to tape for broadcast. We won't be doing any 4K filmout.

We just need an hour of your time, any volunteers? Please PM me.
    Thanks.
    Sam,

I do this kind of consultation a lot. I have also completed many projects with RED with the workflow you describe.

PM me and i'll meet with you, but you at the very least have to buy me lunch. In businesses like Law, architecture, banking, etc, people actually pay people to get their knowledge expertise and advice, but in the film business this is all expected for free.

I've donw this free for over a year and since whenever I mention payment people RUN, I am now at least expecting a free lunch. :)

David

PM me if you want to meet.
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

it really is easy to work on the workflow you described. you could spend some time on this forum and learn all you need to know. i just shot on RED, cut with proxies, used monkey extract to get my prores files, then used color to colorize. rendered, output, and the final was ready to go....

i agree with david. time is valuable. if YOU spent time doing some research/learning on here, you'd be good to go.

plus....ask some questions on here. people on this forum are some of the nicest, most generous people i have ever 'met'...

edit