Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Dsmc..

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajit_AP View Post
    Jim, you are a tease. And not in a good way... But seriously, Jim, get a grip.
    Wow, how rude is that? RED has single-handedly changed the industry in one fell swoop with the RED One, and will truly revolutionize it with the Scarlet. Jim heads up RED team and if he were to "get a grip," I would be afraid of what that would mean for RED. Jim, continue what you're doing exactly as you're doing it.

And you, sir, should be a little more generous. Jim brought us a 4k cinema camera for an unprecedented low cost. RED is making it possible for me to shoot the way I've wanted to for years. I don't think I'm alone in saying that Jim deserves a little respect for what he's doing. Why don't you get grip and try running a 4k cinema company yourself? I'm sure you would be more than a little zealous if you were doing what they were. I have a feeling RED will continue to push the envelope. I am sure we are in for a lot of surprises.

I see the hype not as advertising and swaying the market, but rather as the enthusiasm these folks have for their products, in development and otherwise.

Like I said before, I believe that part of the legitimate reason that there are early announcements is that it's part of Red's development process to listen to their customers BEFORE they finalize their product. I don't need to go into the benefits of listening to users.

And if Jim wants to have fun along the way, good for him. He deserves and earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle.presley View Post
    RED has single-handedly changed the industry in one fell swoop with the RED One, and will truly revolutionize it with the Scarlet. Jim heads up RED team and if he were to "get a grip," I would be afraid of what that would mean for RED. Jim, continue what you're doing exactly as you're doing it.
    Yes. I agree. RED is a revolutionary product. It has shaken up the industry.
    DSMC could similarly shake up industry when it arrives.
    But, until DSMC arrives, D90/MKII will be revolutionary.
    I am not sure D90 can replace a videocamera. But, for short low quality clips, this might be sufficient. In my case I can live with a D90 until DSMC arrives.
    I hope DSMC will be as compact as D90 and similarly priced.

I am hoping for true medium format, at ultra high resolution. I really think that is the answer to blow all the other dslrs out of the water. I don't know if the read/reset times would be able to keep up with a 6cm x 6cm sensor, or if it's physically possible. But just imagine... Larger pixels = more latitude, but still have tons of pixels, 40+ mp? One of the main advantages a medium format digital camera would have is glass. medium format glass is more efficient than 35mm glass. There is less aberration and more sharpness.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.photographical.net/canon_1ds_mf.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The RED ONE is being compared to film, the Arri D21, Genesis, etc. That is our target. When a consumer camera can match the images these cameras make, and can be bought for $1K... I'll buy one and go spend my time in Fiji.

Jim
    ... or more likely:
    You'll be selling them, while spending your time in Fiji checking out your handheld 3d cam that you can preview realtime proxies from on your laptop...
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

8. #168 Maybe skew is not that much problem on the 5D Mark II after all... 
    Take a look at this link.

Some comments on the video capabilities of the 5D Mark II, also a comment on skew (if there is any).
    Some footage are promised in a short while as well.

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2008/...y/#comment-915

Banned
    Eeeek. They should try a bit harder to disguise contrived user experiences. Every other line reads like it came from a marketing dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajit_AP View Post
    I have the Nikon D90, the skew can be seen but for most situations it isn't as bad as the footage you linked to. It is a not a camera that is meant to shoot video but it can do a fantastic job. I have shot about 20 minutes of handheld video without a problem. People who have seen these samples have been blown away. Part of the solution is to use a wider angle lens (I have a 20mm/35mm).
    Are you serious? Look at a frame grab from the video you yourself posted on the link above (http://vimeo.com/D90/). This is some intense skew.

It's fine for shooting home movies, but that's about it.
    Jaime Vallés

AJV Media
    Video, photography & graphic design
    www.ajvmedia.com