Thread: RED's militaristic branding and marketing.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemalettin Sert View Post
    Guy is sick in the head leave him alone..He called gun owners mass shooters what do you expect from him lol :)
    But if I still had my Epic-W I would have named it Rainbow Happy Cam.
    Save the Sharks

Another white supremacists mass shooting this week. I am mixed Japanese and White so this attack is close to home for me before you decide to send threatening email at me for this topic again. I am pointing out it's only matter of time before Red will have to walk away from this sort of marketing. There will be a cultural backlash as more white supremacists commit mass shootings.

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    You'll have to be more specific. I'm not sure to what you're referring. If you are referring to the shooting at the Aromatherapy Spa in Atlanta, the FBI has stated that it does not appear that the shooting was racially motivated. But, honestly, super double plus murderers will say anything, won't they?

Perhaps the attacks on Asian Americans are a result of black supremacy, though, as there have been recent attacks on Asians by black males. Then again, it is impossible - by design - to keep up with the latest developments on progressive ideology.

But, I have a solution to your problem. Maybe if we rename every street in America to Rainbow Happy [variable] Place, shootings will immediately start to trend towards zero.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Unsplash | Pinterest | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Sutton-Hough View Post
    Another white supremacists mass shooting this week. I am mixed Japanese and White so this attack is close to home for me before you decide to send threatening email at me for this topic again. I am pointing out it's only matter of time before Red will have to walk away from this sort of marketing. There will be a cultural backlash as more white supremacists commit mass shootings.
    You are crazy, go see the doctor and get the help you that really needed

The rise in discrimination and attacks on Asians is real and was amplified by Trump and his cult, however this particular attack seems to be more against sex workers as a demographic than specifically Asians, and the conflict between trying to repress his sex obsession and religious upbringing. The Asian connection is that there are a lot of Asian Massage places that go a little further like the one NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS owner got caught in.

It's fine to use this as a wakeup call to the Asian attacks that have been happening but probably better not to claim that motivation if it isn't actually the case because it will harm the overall effort in the end.
    Save the Sharks

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    The rise in discrimination and attacks on Asians is real .
    Indeed. Very few people spoke out about Asian discrimination when universities were penalising them some years ago. Does it take violent attacks to get people to acknowledge discrimination?
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Unsplash | Pinterest | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

A mass shooter with a AR-15 style rifle just killed people in Colorado in grocery store and I am getting emails from RED promoting their "BATTLE TESTED used camera sale!". Cinema Cameras are cool like battle, war, guns, violence and death. This is the culture us cinematographers want to be apart of?

Closing this thread for now as it's getting pretty close to issuing bans for personal attacks and such.

Not deleting it as the general concern for branding and marketing is relevant.

As for general world events, tragedies, and atrocities, likely not the best forum for those topics.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon