Thread: Thermal Fever Detection Cameras

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    Maybe I’m crazy...

Other than the freedom of freely interacting in person with everyone I want to, and the freedom of easy interstate and international travel the main suffering during this has actually been from within my own mind - in other words...

Everyone calls it a “lockdown” or a “quarantine” - yet no one in California is actually REQUIRED to stay in their homes.

I find we humans often overdramatize conditions (and that goes in both directions either too cavalier or too cautious.)

I’m erring on the side of caution for the time being, and if you have access to personal transport and if you have money for fuel there has never been a better time to safely go independently or with family to another local rural place with fewer people as long as you exercise caution. I liked the grounding yourself technique too - gotta always do that.
    Precisely. As long as we practice caution there is no need to panic. It's just that, the news and all the negativity get some of us carried away.

I used to think that the world is too big to stay in one place, but then I start to appreciate the place I am in. Sure I want to travel, but I am happy with where I am and I don't have a problem with the lockdowns.

That's good to hear. We have to be careful on travelling. Hopefully, all will be better by midyear maybe. I'm hoping the vaccine will turn out to be good.

Our 84 year old neighbor Bob (a retired US Navy Admiral who also is an Architect) received his first dose of the Moderna vaccine 10 days ago. His friend got the Pfizer vaccine around the same time. His friend was complaining of body pains and slight flue like symptoms etc. However Bob has a whole different outcome a bigger issue so to speak of. He says as a side affect (kid you not), he is getting massive hard-on's multiple time a day. He said that he didn't feel like that for the past 25 years or so. He has angina and was concerned about it and went to see his cardiologist. After an array of tests, he was given a clean bill of health for a person of his age and health conditions. Wonder what the booster shot is going to do to him.

Heck, I'd demand they give me the Moderna vaccine. Otherwise, there's gonna be riots in the clinic!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Abeynayake View Post
    Our 84 year old neighbor Bob (a retired US Navy Admiral who also is an Architect) received his first dose of the Moderna vaccine 10 days ago. His friend got the Pfizer vaccine around the same time. His friend was complaining of body pains and slight flue like symptoms etc. However Bob has a whole different outcome a bigger issue so to speak of. He says as a side affect (kid you not), he is getting massive hard-on's multiple time a day. He said that he didn't feel like that for the past 25 years or so.
    Heck, I'd demand they give me the Moderna vaccine. Otherwise, there's gonna be riots in the clinic!
    HaHa - I turned 65 last year so eligible for vaccine in Florida and just got the Moderna vaccine 5 hours ago. Not sure if this the place to provide updates on that particular side effect.
    Save the Sharks

Dan,
    You may be crazy (as I am) but not for your opinion above.

Without knowing your position I went to 3 national parks in October and November and had a great time. There is almost no support infrastructure (meals and services) so I tailgated breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's not as nice as sitting down to a really great restaurant meal but it works.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the crowds very manageable but I also don't frequent the crowd gathering spots. Social distancing was (overall) pretty easy.

As an aside: Do you know the 3 things you should not do in national parks? Answer: June, July and August.

In so many venues, including politics, a good dose of moderation and cooperation goes a long way. We need more of both these days.

With respect to talk radio - test everything they say against other sources. Let the listener beware. If it sounds like crap - it probably is crap. We're not out of the woods yet on a staggering spree of lies, deceptions and falsehoods. IMO: There have always been people that will bald face lie or sometimes just stretch the truth but some really run roughshod over the truth and there are folks who suck it up like it was gospel. Caution is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Abeynayake View Post
    Our 84 year old neighbor Bob (a retired US Navy Admiral who also is an Architect) received his first dose of the Moderna vaccine 10 days ago. His friend got the Pfizer vaccine around the same time. His friend was complaining of body pains and slight flue like symptoms etc. However Bob has a whole different outcome a bigger issue so to speak of. He says as a side affect (kid you not), he is getting massive hard-on's multiple time a day. He said that he didn't feel like that for the past 25 years or so. He has angina and was concerned about it and went to see his cardiologist. After an array of tests, he was given a clean bill of health for a person of his age and health conditions. Wonder what the booster shot is going to do to him.

Now, this is something new. Really? I knew there's really something about these drugs.