It's a camera first, not a PC :shifty: so it has to be intuitive.
Dropping my film camera for a DSLR means I'd like to have it as easy to use as a non electronic camera. Usual SLR manual features need to be there like the depth of field check for instance.
- it has to be easily switchable to fully manual, turn off all electronics: LCD, zoom, focus, ... to save as much energy as possible and make it work like a film camera as much as possible. In remote locations this would be precious.
- I still shoot on film and I use AAA batteries. Maybe these days, everything runs on rechargeable batteries. I like AAA batteries because I can get a bunch of them in remote locations where I cannot recharge. If that's technically feasible, I'd like to choose AAA vs rechargeable.
- optical viewfinder
- remote shutter, wired or not
- the LCD screen would have to be removable or be placed somewhere else than the usual spot. Squeezing ones nose on this thing, finger prints, ... makes it always look like a greasy piece of crap even if you take 10 showers a day. I'd love to not use the LCD at all when I don't want it.
- autofocus on what the eye is looking at in the viewfinder with easy access to switching it back into manual mode
- just a thought, a few seconds of buffer for the still pictures so if we want to shoot a whale jumping out of the water, or simple kid's smiles, we never miss the photo
- a motion detector that triggers the camera so we can leave the camera on a tripod on a wild animal's path for the night and just go to bed
- shoot as many times on the same picture as we want to so we can do multiple impressions on the same frame
- georeferencing using a GPS. GPS might evolve in the future so add WGS84 to the lat/long metadata information
- waterproofing ... if possible
- almost impossible to build in because of the simple physics behind it, so stereoscopy could be an easy plug in extension, like connect two bodies that would work together as a single camera for: zoom, focus, shutter, flash, storage. And also make the distance between the bodies easily adjustable.