Thread: Komodo with the RED 7" LCD?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Komodo with the RED 7" LCD? 
    Dear Redusers, I currently own the RED Gemini, but i would like to "upgrade" to the Komodo, because of the smaller form factor and the 6K.
    I love the 7" LCD Monitor that i use with the Gemini because of the possibility to change settings and i don't like cables on my camera.
    I would love to also use it with the Komodo. I know it doesen't fit with the Komodo, but is it possible to somehow use the monitor with the Komodo?
    Does a converter/adapter exist for this purpose? Thank you

My advice would be to keep the Gemini and buy Komodo for a B-cam and no there is no way to make DSMC or DSMC2 parts integrate with Komodo unfortunately.
    DSMC2 GEMINI + STORMTROOPER KOMODO

Thank you for the information Andrew. I shoot almost 99% run and gun, and the Gemini setup is too heavy for me. I have multiple times considered downgrading to a BMPCC6K or SONY A7Siii because of the smaller form factor, but i couldn't do it because i love the image that RED produces. That's why i wan't to sell my Gemini and go for a Komodo.

Kenneth-- Andrew's answer is correct but, if you search the forum, you'll find information about other systems that can control Komodo. For example, the free Red Control app allows you to use a phone or tablet to wirelessly monitor and control your Komodo. And SmallHD makes a monitor that can control the camera (though via cable) .

Komodo would be great for that then for sure. Battery life and form factor are really amazing. Image quality is on par with DSMC2 and Komodo intercuts with my Gemini just fine. Best part is I can run almost all day on (2) sets of BP-955's and the lighter payload of Komodo really does make a difference on the arms especially for gimbal work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Hansen View Post
    Thank you for the information Andrew. I shoot almost 99% run and gun, and the Gemini setup is too heavy for me. I have multiple times considered downgrading to a BMPCC6K or SONY A7Siii because of the smaller form factor, but i couldn't do it because i love the image that RED produces. That's why i wan't to sell my Gemini and go for a Komodo.
    DSMC2 GEMINI + STORMTROOPER KOMODO

Is any know if anyone is making or going to make a 7 inch touch screen, that is bright and will work with the Komodo?