Thread: How is the RS / EXT port wired?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 How is the RS / EXT port wired? 
    Okay learned this the hard way with an SR3: Had the focus motor running off D tap. Got the bright idea to plug in a 3 pin RS for remote trigger. Well the motor fed power from the battery back into the camera and popped an internal fuse.

I really want to rig up the Komodo with the WC B Box. I see that there is no power connected to Pin 2 - assuming this means the above scenario will not harm Komodo?

I'd love said RS cable to actually power my motor - something like the D-Box plus (for Alexa mini) appears to solve this by providing its own 24v RS power, but then forwarding the GPI trigger to the camera's EXT port. Could it be so simple on the Komodo?

I see Tilta's universal battery plate also has a 3 pin Fischer. Maybe tapping Pins 1 and 3 off the back of the plug to a lil' jumper cable that connects to the B Box RS port? So we'd have the battery feeding 14v to Pin 2 and gnd to pin 1. Then gnd loops to Komodo along with GPI for trigger? Does this work or tear a hole in spacetime?
    Carlino // duncanobryan.com
    Epic-W #004102 / Komodo #002607
    Moviecam Compact 3-perf
    Arriflex 35-III 3-perf

Last edited by Blair Thornton; 11-29-2020 at 04:02 AM.

Nice! Looks like that might work then - as long as power isn't accidentally introduced to the GPI pin.
    Carlino // duncanobryan.com
    Epic-W #004102 / Komodo #002607
    Moviecam Compact 3-perf
    Arriflex 35-III 3-perf