Thread: It took 11 years, but my feature is finally being distributed. Red One, Scarlet, Epic

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 It took 11 years, but my feature is finally being distributed. Red One, Scarlet, Epic 
    I owe a lot to this community and I'm happy to say that we finally finished our RED-shot feature comedy Brick MADNESS. It's about a National LEGO Buiding Tournament called Britcakthon. It's a mockumentary.

We started with the RED One, did the majority on Epics (both MX and Dragon sensor) a Scarlet, and even were forced to mix in a Canon 7D. Here's the trailer:
    http://vimeo.com/225054177

On Wednesday, we'll be talking about the making of the movie on our ZoomCast "Crew Talk." We have a lot to share about all the things we did right and wrong for it to take 11 years. We'll also be giving away a $50 B&H gift certificate and some fun movie stuff. Sign up for that here:
    https://www.meetup.com/shoots-video/...cqdztrybcqbdb/

Please take a look. Thank you. Also, please ask any questions about why this took so long. I'd be happy to help people not make the same mistakes I did.
    Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece
    Sigma Pro Primes and Video Production
    Justin at BLAREMedia dot net

Congratulations, Justin.

Thank you, David!
    Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece

Let me guess, IP concerns with one of the larger "brick" manufacturers made distributors shy away.

Ha! Very possibly. That and not having enough name talent. It's hard to say really. The guy who built most of the LEGO for us in the movie actually works as a designer at The LEGO Group so you'd think that would help!
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece

Quote Originally Posted by Justin McAleece View Post
    I owe a lot to this community and I'm happy to say that we finally finished our RED-shot feature comedy Brick MADNESS. It's about a National LEGO Buiding Tournament called Britcakthon. It's a mockumentary.

We started with the RED One, did the majority on Epics (both MX and Dragon sensor) a Scarlet, and even were forced to mix in a Canon 7D. Here's the trailer:
    http://vimeo.com/225054177

On Wednesday, we'll be talking about the making of the movie on our ZoomCast "Crew Talk." We have a lot to share about all the things we did right and wrong for it to take 11 years. We'll also be giving away a $50 B&H gift certificate and some fun movie stuff. Sign up for that here:
    https://www.meetup.com/shoots-video/...cqdztrybcqbdb/

Please take a look. Thank you. Also, please ask any questions about why this took so long. I'd be happy to help people not make the same mistakes I did.
    Hey Justin, the trailer and show look *great*. Congrats, I can see there's *so much work here*.

A million congrats. It looks super, super fun.

The characters look *fantastic*.

Best of luck to you and your team.

You should be really proud of yourselves.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Hey Nick, I supremely appreciate the positive feedback. Especially from a Reduser OG such as yourself! Thank you.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece