Thread: Komodo shipping?

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Denley Martina View Post
    Yeah I pre-ordered The Blueshape batteries! (BMBP955)
    Where are you pre ordering these? I've only seen the blue shape 975s listed?

I think that is a possibility Josh. I received the info about when it was shipping 2 days ago so it’s a recent estimate and I don’t think a lot could’ve changed in the last 2 days on shipping dates. Think you’re pretty safe cause you ordered before I did!

I preordered those via blueshape’s partners in the Netherlands (where i’m located) as soon as the batteries come out they will receive the batteries right away for people that pre order. They gave me the option for the 955’s

Yeah I pre-ordered The Blueshape batteries! (BMBP955)
    I did as well, and still have no ETA on them... at least I got some movement on my CF card order. That was listed as having a 2-4 week lead time when I ordered it, and now just about a month later B&H sent me a message to inform me that it's going to be shipped directly from the manufacturer or distributor... in 2-4 weeks. Sigh...

The only piece of my Komodo kit to arrive so far has been the Wing Grip, which is now sitting on a tea table and looking rather lonesome.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

I l know what it feels like Rakesh.. i’m receiving my orders in bits and pieces. I received my CF cards just a couple days ago So things Are moving slowly but all good things too those who wait.. hopefully we’ll have the Komodo soon cause I can’t wait too start shooting with it.

I ordered my komodo together with all the accessories 19th October via CVP, they received just 20 units in first batch and over 200 orders were placed. everything is here covering dust, but the Komodo. #6weekspassed.
    I’m wasting money on the shoots with renting a camera from local rental, argghh.
    Can’t wait

I l know what it feels like Rakesh.. i’m receiving my orders in bits and pieces. I received my CF cards just a couple days ago So things Are moving slowly but all good things too those who wait.. hopefully we’ll have the Komodo soon cause I can’t wait too start shooting with it.
    The constant waiting is the worst part. I'm waiting for my Komodo, CF card + reader, batteries, a BMD Speed Editor, and a Canadian passport. And thanks to covid, pretty much everything is taking longer than usual.

Fortunately, I don't have to spend any money renting a camera for shoots since I already have a decent (read: massive overkill) cinema camera (Epic-W Helium), which no one has complained about. Well, except one editor, who complained that the pickups I shot with it looked too good for the rest of the movie the pickups were for, because I was a total newbie when I shot that film on a BMCC 2.5K. I have better lighting and I've learned a lot since, but that's a nice complaint to get :)

One reason I'm looking forward to getting my Komodo is to use it for shooting back country stock footage, because if I sell more stock footage I can backpack more. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    The constant waiting is the worst part. I'm waiting for my Komodo, CF card + reader, batteries, a BMD Speed Editor, and a Canadian passport. And thanks to covid, pretty much everything is taking longer than usual.

Fortunately, I don't have to spend any money renting a camera for shoots since I already have a decent (read: massive overkill) cinema camera (Epic-W Helium), which no one has complained about. Well, except one editor, who complained that the pickups I shot with it looked too good for the rest of the movie the pickups were for, because I was a total newbie when I shot that film on a BMCC 2.5K. I have better lighting and I've learned a lot since, but that's a nice complaint to get :)

One reason I'm looking forward to getting my Komodo is to use it for shooting back country stock footage, because if I sell more stock footage I can backpack more. :)
    Same here. Most would not see shooting everything on a 6K Dragon-X while waiting on Komodo as a big problem, but DSMC2 rigs can get quite complicated and heavy...well, they start out heavy and then get heaviER. Looking forward to getting Komodo and keeping it minimal. The little guy will be used almost 100% on a gimbal and slider, with the Dragon doing the handheld and locked off duties.
    DSMC2 Dragon-X
    waiting on Komodo...

I sold 5000usd of bitcoin to get the Komodo figuring it would earn itself back in notime with the extra money I can charge shooting on it. Bitcoin was 12000 then. Now it is 19000USD+ and I did not get my camera yet :) haha so my Komodo has to work hard to get back the money I missed.

Well I hope you get your Canadian passport soon too as that is a very important essential! Yeah the Epic - W is a beast! They say lighting is everything right?

I will do some Wedding videography and some travel vids (if we’re allowed to travel again)

And to film some passion projects like short films!