Thread: #2435 - time lapse test

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 #2435 - time lapse test 
    I took #2435 out for some time-lapse tests yesterday. I wanted to try and get some nice shots of the Seattle skyline. This wmv has five clips concatenated together, so it will be noticeable at each point. No color correction has been applied. I simply loaded in REDCINE, set resolution to HD720 and then resized to fit width. I output 16-bit TIFFs and used my own stuff to convert to 8-bit 4:2:0. Then I encoded with PEP (professional VC-1 encoder used for HD DVD and BD)

This was done using the RED 18-50mm lens. I don’t recall if any of these are using the Century 2x. I used the Century for some shots. The first four shots were done with an 8-second time-lapse. (1/48th shutter) I had a screw on Hoya Pro1D circular pola and Tiffen Hot Mirror. The last shot was 2-second time-lapse. (1/2 shutter) No screw on filters for this shot.

Hopefully the file sharing service works: Seattle.wmv

For best viewing, use Media Center Edition. Assuming you have the proper drivers, then color conversion and levels will be correct. Windows Media Player, in most cases, will not produce the proper results.

Sorry, no QT file.

filefactory said I couldn't download it unless I subscribed to their premium service, too busy. >:(

I could download it no problem without signing up. Just clicked the BASIC area and copied in the 4 characters. Started downloading right away.

Looks good Stacey! Your cam is one after mine, though I think you got yours a lot sooner!

Cheers,

Jim

Brandon, sorry about that. I am trying to upload to another site right now. I will try and get it on RedRelay too.

worked this time :)

Senior Member Giancarlo Bianchi's Avatar
    Very Nice!

I cant ever get tired of time-lapses.
    RED Epic 1682 - Isis
    Barcelona, España
    +34 - 687.324.523

Giancarlo Bianchi.

I was at Kerry Park on the 10th shooting a time-lapse with my D-SLR and I was told someone was there the day before with a RED. Now I know who the mystery shooter is! Get up there very often? I'd love to see that camera in action.

Nice work by the way.

Chris