Thread: Wanted: Nikon and/or Canon Mount for Red One

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Wanted: Nikon and/or Canon Mount for Red One 
    [PURCHASED] Hey guys, I've just splurged on a Red One, but realised after purchase that Nikon/Canon mounts are rarer than moonrock. Does anyone have one for sale. Would truly appreciate it!!
    Last edited by Rehan Malik; 10-21-2020 at 01:04 AM.

You can still buy them R1 EF mounts from Leitax for around $600.

Fantastic. Thank you!

Have used the Leitax mount on the Red one- it's not ideal, it's pretty finicky. I'd recommend the PS Technik mount- it's much better designed IMO.

I do believe that both will void Red Support- they require you to stuff the cable that's used for lens data back into the body, which *may* have thermal implications for the camera- I think the only EF mount that's supported by Red was Birger Engineering mount- which I believe is pretty hard to find.

Hi Rehan,

I have the Muse Canon FD mount for the R1 available if that is of interest. It's a sturdy unit but it is finicky to set up.
    I used FD lenses on my R1 in the early days before getting the Birger EF.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan de Young View Post
    Have used the Leitax mount on the Red one- it's not ideal, it's pretty finicky. I'd recommend the PS Technik mount- it's much better designed IMO.

I do believe that both will void Red Support- they require you to stuff the cable that's used for lens data back into the body, which *may* have thermal implications for the camera- I think the only EF mount that's supported by Red was Birger Engineering mount- which I believe is pretty hard to find.
    Support for Red One ended a long time ago. I use the Leitax mount. It does have a few quirks but you can work around them.The IMS system may be better. Haven't tried that one.
    Steve Sherrick

Thank you so much. I'm ok for now. Have found a solution. Might need one if I purchase another one. Thanks!

we have one Nikon Red One mount to sell. The best Nikon mount for REd one. Positive locking, iris control.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrMFOQBOYlc
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

How is the Leitax system for Alexa?

I need a deeper PL mount to use with OCT18 and an FD mount. Seems like the most affordable system, less expensive than C7 and easier to swap mounts. Thanks.