Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Komodo (Production) has finally landed.

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    For European buyers: you will have to switch over to dollar as payment method at the bottom of the page, to be able to use your Hydrogen IMEI number for discount. Ignore all the pop ups that are asking you to switch to Euro and you will be able to purchase.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi Loor View Post
    For European buyers: you will have to switch over to dollar as payment method at the bottom of the page, to be able to use your Hydrogen IMEI number for discount. Ignore all the pop ups that are asking you to switch to Euro and you will be able to purchase.
    Nope, it works in Euro as well, it's just that we get a prompt of added VAT that shouldn't be there.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Nope, it works in Euro as well, it's just that we get a prompt of added VAT that shouldn't be there.
    same here in switzerland about added VAT... And I get stuck with shipping(Choose Delivery Method:). Trying since 90min now to finish the order process... :(
    sergioherencias.com - guavemotion.ch
    director // cinematographer // motion designer

I wasn't able to buy in Euros, but since they are working on it now it might have changed. Also looking in the Komodo facebook group there are many European customers who are saying they couldn't place an order. I was able to buy in dollar. I hope we will get a tax refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Andi Loor View Post
    I wasn't able to buy in Euros, but since they are working on it now it might have changed. Also looking in the Komodo facebook group there are many European customers who are saying they couldn't place an order. I was able to buy in dollar. I hope we will get a tax refund.
    These things have always been a problem. Feels like US never speaks to their UK office about EU customers. Most of the time when we ask EU support they know just as much as we do about what Red is doing.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    New website is now up.

https://www.red.com/komodo

I'm sure RED will figure it out. Feels like they've literally just hit the live button.

Not easy figuring out EU VAT, let alone next year with us and Brexit of course ; )

Send an email & I'm sure RED Tech support will keep your place in line to the best of their ability.

Craig Lees
    UK

8.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    These things have always been a problem. Feels like US never speaks to their UK office about EU customers. Most of the time when we ask EU support they know just as much as we do about what Red is doing.
    Actually I've been running along with the launch this morning hand in hand with our EU sales team leader beside me... There is no anti-EU conspiracy. Just simple mistakes that we are working on...

Please understand The UK team has half the team they had before Covid and our web team working under similar limitations are pushing out hundreds and hundreds of assets in the last hour alone.... so lets give them a bit of slack.

I am incredibly proud of our team for this launch in this environment so please if your gonna take some swings at us right now take them to me and not the team as they need some love to keep them going. They have all been busting ass in a really shit clusterfuck of a situation.

Managed to get the VAT removed on the shopping cart by switching to EU and THEN adding Komodo to the shopping card (make sure your EU VAT number is added to your account settings). Now that this is solved, we need to be able to continue past putting in our credit card information, since it now prompts an error when trying to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Actually I've been running along with the launch this morning hand in hand with our EU sales team leader beside me... There is no anti EU conspiracy. Just simple mistakes that we are working on...

Please understand The UK team has half the team they had before Covid and our web team working under similar limitations are pushing out hundreds and hundreds of assets in the last hour alone.... so lets give them a bit of slack.

I am incredibly proud of our team for this launch in this environment so please if your gonna take some swings at us right now take them to me and not the team as they need some love to keep them going they have been busting ass.
    It may be lots of problems over the years dealing with the EU offices and support that went nowhere, but I understand the situation and I'm just as interested in solving things, not at all interested in taking swings.