Thread: LUT help for a n00b

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Nick, but so were You!

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Thanks Nick, but so were You!
    Thanks Rand. Really liked how you took the time to visualize everything. Not everyone appreciates the time that takes, so wanted to acknowledge that.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

I appreciate that Nick! I personally do better learning things with visuals than with written instructions. So I'm sure others on the forum are kinda like myself.

Hey Everyone, this might come off as a noob question as well. If Iím editing R3D files in adobe premiere and I want to grade in resolve, is there a practical way to send the edited cut to resolve so i have control over the R3D raw files in Resolve? Currently I export premiere in Pro Res 4444 in Log and send the RWG/log file over with an EDL (Iím just not sure if this is the best way to do it or not)
    John Fitzpatrick
    IMDb
    Instagram
    Johnfitzpatrickdp.com
    Gemini #018596

Quote Originally Posted by John Fitzpatrick View Post
    Hey Everyone, this might come off as a noob question as well. If Iím editing R3D files in adobe premiere and I want to grade in resolve, is there a practical way to send the edited cut to resolve so i have control over the R3D raw files in Resolve? Currently I export premiere in Pro Res 4444 in Log and send the RWG/log file over with an EDL (Iím just not sure if this is the best way to do it or not)
    Hey John. I always use a XML. Only thing you have to do is put the media you use in the timeline in the media bin in resolve then import the xml and everything links.