Thread: Komodo Gyroscope

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Komodo Gyroscope 
    Can anyone confirm or deny that the Komodo has a gyroscope? Would love to do some advanced stabilization.

I think Jarred has confirmed it has sensors built in however they are not enabled currently and no time table for them. I think they have bigger fish to fry right now lol.... But yes... I would LOVE this feature as well and think its the future of post stab.
    1st AC | Movi Operator | Shotover & Freefly Pilot | RED Komodo ST #839 | Nikon Z6 Shooter | DZO Film 20-55

#crashingisntanoption

Agreed on all points.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Kommers View Post
    I would LOVE this feature as well and think its the future of post stab.
    I've been proposing this for years to mostly deaf ears. Yes, you can pull the data from the files of a regular Red and hopefully a Komodo as well, but I'm still waiting for a stabilization slider in the RAW settings available for post-application.

What is technically available and what is a creative tool are two different things. A stabilization slider in RAW settings is a creative tool that I think people will love when they see and use it, but not understand its purpose and power before it actually exists.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600