Thread: Solidpod Cfast 2.0 SSD Adapter on Komodo (not approved media)

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Solidpod Cfast 2.0 SSD Adapter on Komodo (not approved media) 
    For those of you who are curious if the Solidpod mSATA adapter works on Komodo, I tested the Solid Pod with a 1TB Samsung SSD.
    I got the standard "Media Not Supported" warning, but the camera recorded 6K 17:9 HQ for over an hour. I performed the test twice and was able to load the clips and play them back in camera with no issues. I figure it could be a viable option for shoots where the camera is going to be stationary (tethered media recording always being a risk).

Nice, Thanks for sharing.
    But that cable thing? (lol)
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Would be nice if Red could put some these kinds of options into approved media. Doing LQ on Komodo with this would be truly game changing.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Would be nice if Red could put some these kinds of options into approved media. Doing LQ on Komodo with this would be truly game changing.
    True.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Thanks for sharing. I ordered mine few days ago. Great option to see/have

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanny Lago View Post
    For those of you who are curious if the Solidpod mSATA adapter works on Komodo, I tested the Solid Pod with a 1TB Samsung SSD.
    I got the standard "Media Not Supported" warning, but the camera recorded 6K 17:9 HQ for over an hour. I performed the test twice and was able to load the clips and play them back in camera with no issues. I figure it could be a viable option for shoots where the camera is going to be stationary (tethered media recording always being a risk).

Could you close the CFast door with the ribbon cable hanging out?