Thread: Where is the 8:9 format? Its not in the list

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Where is the 8:9 format? Its not in the list 
    Its weird, its listed on the helium sensor at red.com, but its not there. I dont have the unified body but it should not make any difference as it is the same sensor.
    Update:
    Apperently the 8:9 is for Anamorphic, so that why i did not see it. And should likely only be used for this.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

did you look under advanced, all the odd resolutions are there
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

Advanced and I think anamorphic and then you find it and csn de click the x2 option. Or possibly its in the advanced square menue also.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Hi Joel,

I had the same issue.

On both Gemini DSMC2 and late FW Epic Dragon, 8:9 seems to have disappeared but on my Helium it's there! You can do the advanced thing but it still doesn't fill the 16:9 frame (you alyways get bars top & bottom).

Please RED I know Epic Dragon is an old cam now & that you aren't releasing FW updates for it BUT damn I love 8:9 with my 2x Lomo ANA's for live music multicam gigs, where you have to output 16:9 live down SDI for the PGM where you can't mix 2:35:1 & 16:9 aspect ratios / bars etc. Making livestreams look like music videos is a beautiful thing and producers love those scope flares!

Of course it's possible to make this happen with a scaling video processor like a BM Terranex 3D but damn it's much easier and cheaper to video engineer when the cam does it in camera.

Please!

PS if ur on Helium, it deffo works, I will take a pic tomorrow & send it to you if you haven't worked it out yet Joel.

Craig Lees
    UK

Yes, Craig Im on Helium. The shoot went well, but I will check out the 8:9 recording option for future as I decided to not do a 16:9 version. So therefor it will be nice to not record and then crop away data.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069