Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: I think I have an issue with the newer red sdk

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 I think I have an issue with the newer red sdk 
    RED, I think I have an issue with the latest sdk releases. I have updated to 16.2.5 and the newest nvidia studio drivers and there are some interesting things going on.
    When I was running the 16.1.2 (first version with red r3d decompression and debayering on gpu) I played back all flaviors of red clips. Then I updated to 16.2.3 and then only r3d with ipp2 was axcellerated

Now when I upgraded to version 16.2.5 only older color sciences pre ipp2 is accellerated???

Any Ideas?

//Joel
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Joel,

Have you updated to 16.3 beta 2 yet and seen if that might solve the problem? Maybe your operating system needs updating.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/

I like to avoid beta if there ain't to big features in it.
    Do you find the beta stable and performing?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Joel,

So far with non Komodo R3D files no problems. Every now then working with certain Komodo files too quickly can cause Resolve to completely shutdown.

5.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #5  
    Hi Joel,

I've gone ahead and created a ticket for you with RED Support. Our developers would like to look into this further with you.

For immediate support, please contact RED Support directly (https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) as our support teams do not typically check REDuser.net and we want to ensure you get the support you need as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Thanks for reaching out. I need to do more testing as I just found more interesting behaviors. I shot this in 2:00:1 aspect ratio and edited in a UHD Timeline. Everything goes choppy as soon I choose fullres on debayer. But now I did a custom timeline with the proper 4096x2048 (exactly half of the resolution of the r3d files) then it plays back fine at full resolution/16bit?*
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069