Thread: MINT Vintage Kowa 16H 2x Anamorphic Lens | Japanese Glass

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 MINT Vintage Kowa 16H 2x Anamorphic Lens | Japanese Glass 
    Hi All,

$1575 OBO - open to offers

I'm selling a mint condition vintage japanese Kowa 16H 2x Anamorphic Lens with HTN ring, recently serviced with fresh grease and optics cleaned inside out.

The glass, both front and rear elements are in mint condition; no scratches, haze, fungus, coating damage, or anything of the like that could affect the image or cosmetic condition of the lens - it's very difficult to find a lens with these traits/this old in such good condition. (in it's original life, it was an anamorphic projection lens) - a side-by-side comparison with kowa prominar anamorphics renders very identical dimensions & measurements.

Also comes with a custom machined HTN front ring, which adds front male threads of 75mm to the front of the kowa16h - this will allow perfectly pair with single focus solutions like the Rectilux Hardcore DNA (attached sample photo with Rectilux-not included)

HTN ring can also lock the position of the anamorphic adapter securely with no play, when used with single focus solutions (rapido fvd, rectilux hcdna, etc)

Also comes with the original kowa Front ringing screw

*The rectilux Hardcore DNA shown is for demonstrative purposes only and DOES NOT come with the purchase - open to selling it for the right price.

I've had this lens for a long time and it's never been used on set/out in the open - picked it up a long time ago to for prototyping an anamorphic lenses and I'm selling because I mostly shoot on 16:9 sensors so a 2x squeeze is too much compression for my work.

Buyer pays shipping/paypal fees - willing to ship international

please feel free to ask questions or request more photos

Lens is local in brooklyn ny
    Attached Images

SOLD