Thread: Ritter Battery

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Ritter Battery 
    Does anyone know what happened? I can't contact anyone there.

Jess

From what I've heard, they may no longer be in business. I've seen lots of discussion on Facebook groups about this, unfortunately. I'm not aware of any alternatives at the moment.
    Epic-X Dragon #8014

OH NO! :( He's done a bunch of batteries for me. What a shame.
    Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece
    Sigma Pro Primes and Video Production
    Justin at BLAREMedia dot net

Same, I would recell the red bricks and service chargers from them. Anyone know of other options to recell?
    Modest Helium Kit + Zeiss B Speeds
    -GG
    ggcinema.com

This is a bummer if they are out of business. Hopefully the family is doing okay. They are in Florida so who knows if Covid playing a role.
    Steve Sherrick

The Ritters lived next door to one of my best friends here in the Ft. Lauderdale suburb of Davie and I had done business a few times with John as well. He passed away a year or two ago (not sure exactly when) and his wife and daughter were continuing for a while. I spoke to his wife a couple months ago as my friend told me the house they had been renting for quite a few years was being sold so she was moving out and closing down the business and looking to sell most of the equipment he had. This was in about May if I recall correctly.

His website seems to be still active. ritterbattery.com
    Save the Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    The Ritters lived next door to one of my best friends here in the Ft. Lauderdale suburb of Davie and I had done business a few times with John as well. He passed away a year or two ago (not sure exactly when) and his wife and daughter were continuing for a while. I spoke to his wife a couple months ago as my friend told me the house they had been renting for quite a few years was being sold so she was moving out and closing down the business and looking to sell most of the equipment he had. This was in about May if I recall correctly.

His website seems to be still active. ritterbattery.com
    That’s very sad news. I feel like I talked to him not that long ago but turns out it was 2016. Time seems to be flying by. John was great to deal with and it seems his passing will leave a big hole in the battery re-celling world.

Thank you for letting us know Michael.
    Steve Sherrick

Ritter did some great work for many years. We sent in dead batteries and they would come back with a higher capacity than the original. It's sad that they had to close its doors. I'm not aware of any other re-cellling companies but if you're looking for the next best option, you can trade in old/dead batteries to Core SWX. They are accepting any brand and in any condition and offer a 25% discount towards a new battery. You can shoot me an email if you want to try it out @ Zack.shannon@coreswx.com.
    Zack Shannon | Battery Guy | Los Angeles

*NEW GEAR*
    Hypercore NEO
    Power Management Control Distribution Box
    Helix Dual Voltage Batteries
    Fleet Micro Chargers

I know they were trying to sell the battery manufacturing equipment - don't know if they managed to sell it but if anyone is interested in getting into recalling batteries I can reach out to his wife and see if it is still for sale.

Recelling isn't rocket science but for many batteries you need a fairly expensive specialized spot welding setup to do it efficiently.
    Save the Sharks

Damn, that is so sad. we would always send in our batteries to him for years. man, thats super sad.
    Joshua Otis Miller
    Writer/Producer/Director
    contact@c-istudios.com
    www.c-istudios.com