Thread: Sony A7S III - Supreme Compact 4K

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Great to see it is out and be soon ready for sale. Impressive practical everyday codecs (XAVC), new sensor, no overheating, affordable.
    Hope they included Venice colours. People question their marketing or Betatesters.....hahhaa. Funny very funny..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Seriously. Especially people who go round and round LaForet, Bloom, this week it’s Red, this week it’s Canons the best.... etc.

At least Phil seems to be primarily RED.
    Would not be that fantastic if Top Gear were testing only Alfa Romeo cars? One Brand......sure...sounds f awesome..that is how you get real options in Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vrozina View Post
    no overheating.
    Where do you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vrozina View Post
    Would not be that fantastic if Top Gear were testing only Alfa Romeo cars? One Brand......sure...sounds f awesome..that is how you get real options in Life.
    Watching guys like laforet and bloom ‘shill’ ?

At least Phil’s loyal to a brand. Newsshooter seems like a good neutral reviewer.

YouTube personalities, or YouTube cinematographers like bloom and laforet, you can’t trust a thing they say.

Phil uses a lot of cameras too, but you never see him saying the newest canon beats his REDs, because it’s new.$

Quote Originally Posted by Kholi Hicks View Post
    BMD does it and does it well. No unnecessary teasing, no leaks, not a single peep about any of their cameras. Any rumors about their cameras you can count on being completely wrong. Only a handful of people have inside info outside of BMD itself.

Companies need to choose better beta testers, bloggers/vloggers are not those people.
    Did they do it well?

*snickers*

There's nothing to gain by me spoiling upcoming camera releases from various manufacturers, not a single thing. In fact that does more damage than good. Companies got their tight circles and that's good. A trusted professional perspective is highly valuable to a manufacturer. Most just want feedback.

It's an interesting premise, I mean most cameras that people see at the end of the line have been in development somewhere between 5-1 years, occasionally something done quicker. Often there are various prototypes along the way, one offs, things a lot of people don't get to see that might end up in a future release or not. Don't mind talking recent leak history, but Sony avoided a debacle during the A7rIII release cycle as images were leaked from what became the A7rIV before the previous model was even released that somehow ended up being uploaded to Flickr of all places at full resolution with metadata in tact. This happened in the public's view for the few that caught onto it. That was silly and sort of the worse case scenario short of walking into a competitors office with unmarked prototype housed in a previous generation's camera body.

Trust probably is the most valuable asset honestly in this space. Applies to production work as well. For instance, I shot a project 1.5 years ago for an unreleased product that's soon to hit market. That's moderately the norm for me, but you go about your business, do the work, then chat about things once appropriate or allowed. There's stuff I've shot I can't talk about publicly either and that's personally the hardest stuff, but that's the client's discretion. Though a bummer not to include even on my site or anything. I just make pretty pictures for a living and go from there.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

[QUOTE=Andrew Dease;1906235]Watching guys like laforet and bloom ‘shill’ ?

At least Phil’s loyal to a brand. Newsshooter seems like a good neutral reviewer.

YouTube personalities, or YouTube cinematographers like bloom and laforet, you can’t trust a thing they say.

Phil uses a lot of cameras too, but you never see him saying the newest canon beats his REDs, because it’s new.$[/QUOT
    Who says this beats this or that.? Like that quote about Ursa mini 12k...Not that long ago most of top feature movies have been shot on camera not even 4K.
    WTF? They are all options for working cameramen making money every day. You might be shocked but 50% percent of my clients are PAYING me to shoot FHD

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Did they do it well?

*snickers*

Yes, they did. Not sure if that was a question or implying otherwise, so I answered the question, which I know for a fact is "yes, they did."

Good looking footage here. & the obligatory ‘this is the best camera ever.’

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lkEQazJ5jQ8

Can we feed audio from the USB-C input?