Thread: How to Re-Cell a REDVOLT-V.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 How to Re-Cell a REDVOLT-V. 
    Not sure this sorts all problems with the revolt-v´s but seams to be a quite simple and low cost way to give them some extra life.

I let my camera roll when I swapped the cells, not the best tutorial. I figured I would do some closeups so you could see, but yes, then the battery died... But you get the idea. :)

Not difficult, open the casing apply some violence to remove the old cells and replace with new ones.

I did not get all mine to come back to life this way but some of them got the a new green light on the charger. Don't know what's wrong with the rest of them, maybe someone here has more knowledge on that and can share.

The cells to replace with are these: SONY-US18650VTC6-30A. They cost like 8 USD each, can be ordered from a lot of places. I bought em from a Swedish vendor, here:

www.batterionline.se/sony-us18650vtc6-30a

Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Same run time?

Let us know how it goes.

I guess same runtime. Dont remember how they where new. But when testing it on camera i got a 97% charge and att 60% I had 25 minutes left so I guess around 40 minutes runtime.

Björn Benckert

Great idea Björn! Going to try it with mine when they need it.

I still have never seen a Redvolt-V mounted on a DSMC1 with Quickplate... (Was the profile the same/similar? I guess we'll never know.)

Would love for someone to recell the OG Redvolts... I mean not that you can use them in anything other than the DSMC1 side handle, but they'd actually be useful if they held their original/advertised ~30mins (getting over an hour between a Redvolt-V and Redvolt in the handle would be decent for running and gunning. Plus you could hot-swap.)

Anyway, awesome stuff Björn!
    Last edited by Mike P.; 07-18-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Nice work, Björn! Glad it worked. Hopefully, I'll have the same success as you did when I re-cell five of my RedVolt-V's.
    Flash-Frame Productions
    L.A.

Epic-W
    Gemini
    Komodo ST (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    I still have never seen a Redvolt-V mounted on a DSMC1 with Quickplate... (Was the profile the same/similar? I guess we'll never know.)

Would love for someone to recell the OG Redvolts... I mean not that you can use them in anything other than the DSMC1 side handle, but they'd actually be useful if they held their original/advertised ~30mins (getting over an hour between a Redvolt-V and Redvolt in the handle would be decent for running and gunning. Plus you could hot-swap.)

Anyway, awesome stuff Björn!

My guess is there is some of the shelf 12v cells in there that cost very little. Open one check the cerial number on the cells and do a google search. I really liket the volts on dsmc1 perfect for hotswaping vlocks or when just shooting something quickly.
    Björn Benckert