Thread: Laowa OOOM 25-100 T2.9 Cine (Interchangeble PL/EF)

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Cine zoom compared!

There's a nice write-up on Newsshooter:
    https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/08/...m-t2-9-review/

For me, it's the character of the lens that's appealing-- I'm usually more inclined to rent vintage lenses, rather than newer stuff that can feel "clinical."

I guess many of you are interested in some testing footage using DZO and OOOM under the same condition.

DZO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sbA...ew?usp=sharing
    OOOM: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j3B...ew?usp=sharing

Credit: Eric DeHaven at www.lifedebayered.com

Credit: Joe Gunawan
    Last edited by kevin_laowa; 08-31-2020 at 09:49 PM.

We have also developed a 1.33x Rear Anamorphic Adapter to pair up with the OOOM to create a unique look. Although Rear Anamorphic adapter behaves different from front anamorphic design, the look it creates is still very different from pure spherical lens.

Credit: Hangman Productions

Kevin these anamorphic frames are gorgeous, congrats.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Credit: Mike Mcentire

Been trying to find a short zoom for my black arm setup and Kevin let me test the 25-100. The range is really nice for the car stuff and for most day to day shoots. I really enjoyed the lens and found it to have a great look. All the shots are ungraded shot on my Gemini rolling around Oceanside and surrounding areas. None of the shots are part of any specific shoot just shooting random stuff in different light to see how it would perform. It breathes very little and of course is par focal. Build quality is great and I was able to swap between PL and EF mount in less then 5 minutes. It reminds me of my 25-250 Angenienieux HP because it is not so clinically sharp as some more modern zooms but still plenty sharp. Images are very filmic and beautiful with the lens. The included adaptor made using my 114 clip on matte box seamless. All in all I think this is a great piece of glass and that is not considering the insanely low price. It is a contender for sure.
    Thanks Kevin.
    Mike McEntire
    Mack Dawg Productions
    Oceanside, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McEntire View Post
    Been trying to find a short zoom for my black arm setup and Kevin let me test the 25-100. The range is really nice for the car stuff and for most day to day shoots. I really enjoyed the lens and found it to have a great look. All the shots are ungraded shot on my Gemini rolling around Oceanside and surrounding areas. None of the shots are part of any specific shoot just shooting random stuff in different light to see how it would perform. It breathes very little and of course is par focal. Build quality is great and I was able to swap between PL and EF mount in less then 5 minutes. It reminds me of my 25-250 Angenienieux HP because it is not so clinically sharp as some more modern zooms but still plenty sharp. Images are very filmic and beautiful with the lens. The included adaptor made using my 114 clip on matte box seamless. All in all I think this is a great piece of glass and that is not considering the insanely low price. It is a contender for sure.
    Thanks Kevin.
    Thanks for the update Mike.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Credit: John Nap