Thread: Red Ti mount question

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Red Ti mount question 
    Hello Guys am experiencing some issues with Red Ti Nikon mount. for some reason my camera Epic-W Helium wont see the mount? when i attach the mount and when i put Nikon G lens it wont register it at all. Camera works fine with the S35 AL EF mount, PL Ti mount and PL Motion Mount but for some reason it acts like this is "dumb" Nikon mount.

so far i did this:

- after running "Rediscover " things did not improve.
    - i have run several "Rediscover " with and without lens attached
    - i have updater my Camera with same 7.3.0 with this mount attached, just to see if it will load the update. no luck.

so far everything i have tried didnt work. the last thing to try is to attach this mount to some other Reds DSCM1 and DSMC2 and see if there is similar issue.

any suggestions? also is there any known issues with this old Ti mounts on DSCM2?

thanks
    Epic-W Helium 8k #6819

Based upon my own VERY disappointing experience with Red, Nikon, and both Al and Ti mounts THERE ARE SERIOUS ISSUES WITH NIKON. On the other hand, PL works wonderfully.

You may achieve recognition if you start in Am focus mode and then, once recognized, switch to Ma or, better yet, manual. I have found that VR is a complete waste of time as it drives the RED/lens combo goofy with all kinds of anomalous behavior.

thanks Mark! and thanks to John form Red who has contacetd me ASAP and offered the solution. After attaching mount and taking it off several times and running software update's... it finally worked out. i have no clue how or why but now it registrants and i can see the mount in the hardware list.
    Epic-W Helium 8k #6819