Thread: Anyone recommend any other software other than adobe premier for video editig

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    I often edit 8k monstro files on my 2013 macbook in resolve without issues. Explain why it would need serious hardware?

As I see it Resolve is the best option especially if you also consider its built in grading capabilities and also the fusion compositing bit. Simply put premiere, FCPX and the other might be great as a editing platform but it stands short when it comes to grading and compositing and also sound editing.

Its difficult to fully learn any of these platforms. Even more difficult to learn a few. If you learn how to use premiere you still need to dip into one or more apps to do your grading and compositing.
    Editing proxies on your laptop? I liked Resolve better when it was a color grading app with cuts only assembly editing and that is the way I still use it.

With Lightworks I like the way it handles and trims all media, stills, video , audio, and edited sequences, the same way on a sequence timeline without any need for rendering. I like having multiple source preview windows open on the desktop simultaneously that I can arrange anyway I see fit. I like the film paradigm media management database approach.
    I mostly do relatively simple verite style docs, no heavy special FX, and spend much more time logging, prepping, and organizing footage into subclips and bins by scenes and thematic subjects than actually assembling edits. After it's organized the rough cut edits are auto assembled. It is easy to do multiple rough cut sequences of the same scene in minutes to play with different story arcs and thematic ideas. All of those can be on screen at the same time to see how they play against each other. The master edit gets assembled and refined from finished scene sequences.
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    I often edit 8k monstro files on my 2013 macbook in resolve without issues. Explain why it would need serious hardware?

As I see it Resolve is the best option especially if you also consider its built in grading capabilities and also the fusion compositing bit. Simply put premiere, FCPX and the other might be great as a editing platform but it stands short when it comes to grading and compositing and also sound editing.

Its difficult to fully learn any of these platforms. Even more difficult to learn a few. If you learn how to use premiere you still need to dip into one or more apps to do your grading and compositing.
    my 2013 maxed out Macbook pro barely runs chrome? pls explain how you can edit 8K??

As a pure editor, Avid is great.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv