Thread: Censorship on the "RED Komodo Uses" facebook group

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Censorship on the "RED Komodo Uses" facebook group 
    I like to use facebook groups because they are the most accessible source of information. Unfortunately, I think the "RED Komodo Users" facebook group is badly moderated. Maybe we should think about a new group, without censorship, with freedom of speech and the opportunity to express opinions. I would like to buy a Komodo, I think it will be a great camera, but it isn't a perfect camera and like every camera has weaknesses and we have the right to talk about them. Maybe I'm oversensitive, but I come from a country where we had communist censorship, such behavior is something unacceptable to me. The comments you see in the picture have been deleted and I was kicked out of the group. Do you think this is consistent with "the first rule of the group is to remain professional"

Last edited by Tomasz Nizielski; 06-12-2020 at 04:29 AM.

It looks like they have a good moderator.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    with freedom of speech and the opportunity to express opinions.
    Freedom of speech does not mean you can speak however you want. Freedom of speech as a law has to do with governments censoring their people. If a group specifically aimed at discussing cameras and having guidelines for discussions and someone breaks those or cannot behave respectfully, that is not censorship. You need to educate yourself before accusing someone of censorship.

Can the moderators just lock this thread or delete it?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

What did you say? I would love to read some constructive critics about Komodo.

One can’t judge the potential of a camera like Komodo from web compressed pre-release casual footage.
    These beta cameras have been in the hands of new owners for about two weeks. Hardly time enough to learn how to get the best from any raw cinema camera.
    Beta testers often push their cameras to extremes to find the outer limits. They aren’t shooting marketing beauty footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    What did you say? I would love to read some constructive critics about Komodo.

I was removed for a post from a photo "I think people have the right to jugde what they see..."

I didn't see the comments on the Facebook group, but most of the comments I've seen about Komodo or Red in general on other forums tends to be biased bashing rather than true professional criticism and lack any specific reasons why the footage or camera is so terrible. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I fail to see what's to dislike so vehemently about Komodo or the early footage that's come from it. Don't forget that this is a pre-release $6K camera that essentially fits in the palm of your hand and these are tests that haven't undergone any serious grading. I've watched all of the Komodo footage out there including Tim's and I'm impressed with what I see. That's just my opinion, but seriously, what other camera in this price and/or size range can even come close? I've owned just about every Blackmagic camera at some point and they definitely can't produce an image quite as good. Neither can the C200, and certainly not anything anywhere near this price from Panasonic or Sony. There's probably only a handful of cameras in the wild that are in this class and they are astronomically more expensive and larger.

I am genuinely curious what people dislike so much and what they're shooting with currently that they find so much superior.
    Scarlet-W

Man that’s so lame
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

for clarification, I was removed from the group for this post:

do you see any kind of gibberish or anything else that authorizes the admin to remove me from the group?

I don't necessarily see anything unprofessional there. What were the previous comments you mention that were removed?
    Scarlet-W