Thread: BEWARE! Lomo Anamorphic on eBay

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 BEWARE! Lomo Anamorphic on eBay 
    The 'bad' Sergey is back, selling as cinespb on eBay.

I came =>] this close [<= to getting ripped off by him recently, and he took me for a really good amount about 8 years back in cahoots with another user here on reduser. I personally know someone who sent him a couple of speed Ekran lenses for servicing back in 2010 or 2011 and they disappeared. I tried to leverage their return but no dice.

I see there is a bid on one of his listings, item# 274380661603. Whoever that is bidding, DO NOT send him money outside of eBay or PPal, and I'd make sure you get the item in hand first and quick so you can inspect it. Whatever you do, don't send feedback until you are absolutely sure because I believe that definitely releases the funds.

When you do inspect it (if you are mad enough to buy from him) make sure to check the threads on the lens barrel extensions/sleeves that the PL flanges bolt onto. This 'adapter' threads into one side of a back-focus adjustment ring or turnbuckle if you will. Also, have him send you detailed photos of the paint jobs. I'd also have him post lens tests on Vimeo, and don't let him tell you he has no camera for testing etc. He is a consummate scam artist.

Do a google search for Sergi/Lomo/Anamorphic. A web search used to bring up a handful of posts here at reduser and cinematography.com from buyers who either received substandard goods for premium prices from him after major delays, or never got anything at all.

You have been warned. For more info please send me a private message.
    I am a pretty experienced buyer with a complete 20+ lens set of vintage Russian anamorphic glass.

Various contact emails for him include:
    Сергей Кравченко
    Sergey Kravchenco
    sergastr@list dot ru
    sergastr@yahoo dot com
    Last edited by Brandon Esten; 06-01-2020 at 02:54 AM.

Here are some obvious points to look at, and the 'turnbuckle' is in the rectangle.
    Attached Images

7 grand.
    g***r(737) is in for a big surprise.

Or maybe not! But then, maybe Earth will start spinning backwards tomorrow.