Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: WEAPON not booting past orange light

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 WEAPON not booting past orange light 
    Hello,

I haven't had any luck on the phone and can't send the brain in, so I figured I would post here and see if the symptoms sounds familiar to anyone.

Issue started on set with an unresponsive/glitched LCD with the following setup:

RED Weapon (originally Epic-W)
    Base Expander
    WC Easy Top (still battery operated)
    WC V-Mount Plate
    V-Mount battery + AC Power
    WC PL

My AC powered down the body and when attempting to power up, the fans started, orange light went on, then after 6 seconds the fans and light stopped. I repeated the process multiple times, hard reset the body (20 sec hold) and started removing all accessories. I managed to find a MONSTRO kit nearby (NYC) and kept on shooting. Later in the day I installed the V-Mount plate bypassing the base expander (hadn't taken off the base expander before) and the body turned on! Great news, it's the base expander and not the brain.

COVID happened, I shot a few personal things around the house over the next few weeks, booting at least 10 times with the V-Mount, no base expander. One night I'm shooting in the streets, same WC accessories but no Base Expander and the LCD starts glitching a bit, but I assume it is the LCD contacts or the cord connection. Eventually it freezes (has never frozen once until this new issue) so I restart it and of course it gives me 6 seconds of orange light and fans, but gives up.

I've gone through the details of this in my head countless times, but can't figure out why the problem is intermittent. I've tried every possible combination of accessories, hard reset, power source, and haven't had any luck 2 weeks later.

Any advice or questions would be greatly appreciated to get me back up and running.

Thank you! :)

Why don't you try a factory reset thru the menu?

Through the menu? It won't boot so can't get to the menu.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    You can try holding down the power button while turning on the camera. Hold it down until the fans spin up to high speed - this could take 40 seconds or so. This will reset the settings to defaults.

5.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #5  
    Hey Sean,

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you're running into with your camera!

We've gone ahead and opened a Support ticket on your behalf. Please keep an eye out for a message from RED Support in your (email) inbox.

Once you figure it out, can you repost what the problem was and what solution was implemented. Interested to know. Currently have a base expander issue that causes a PTAP overcurrent. Been needing to send it in. Expander Model 720-0040 (disconinued)
    Trenton Massey
    Director of Photography, Camera Operator, Producer
    www.ambientskies.com
    trenton@ambientskies.com