Thread: Miller head and flowtech legs?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    All of my Speedlocks are 100mm(2x 100mm normal sets and 1x 100mm Heavy Duty set), but you could get twisting even with the heavy duty version.

Have you considered going the used route for a head? There are always good deals/finds on eBay. I got my 250 with a pedestal(didn't need it, but was part of the package) off of eBay late last year. $3K for a $9K head and $6K pedestal. Crazy... There's a Vinten Vision 100(what I use- I have three) with a mini pedestal for $1750 on eBay, right now(looks like it was babied in a studio). Stupid good deal if it goes for that price. It's a $6K+ head. You can probably turn around and re-sell the ped for the asking price or even more. If I needed another head, I would snatch that up in a heartbeat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTEN-Visi...0AAOSwvW9d~nXk
    Thanks Chris for this! I'll consider it. The only thing for me is I did have some bad experience purchasing a fluid head from eBay. I did that for my last one and had to spend almost another grand to fix it. It was a 2500+ head at the time so I ended saving money. But I was looking to get a new head just to kind of have a fresh start because most of my tripod acquisitions have all been used.But I'll still consider it! Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Gum View Post
    Thanks Chris for this! I'll consider it. The only thing for me is I did have some bad experience purchasing a fluid head from eBay. I did that for my last one and had to spend almost another grand to fix it. It was a 2500+ head at the time so I ended saving money. But I was looking to get a new head just to kind of have a fresh start because most of my tripod acquisitions have all been used.But I'll still consider it! Thanks man!
    That's always a possibility with used gear, but with something like a head/tripod, if there's a problem with it, it's going to probably be immediately apparent and you'd discover it when you gave it an initial shakedown upon receiving it.

Justine all Flows i used ware new or next to new so there ware no back clash what so ever. Using them with longer lenses (as i normally do) mid spreader is a must. BTW 1040 is worth every penny
    Epic-W Helium 8k #6819

I have aMiller Arrow 55 for sale right now for 1400 USD. PM for details. Cheers

I use an Arrow3X and Miller MI925 Tripod with MI993 mid-spreader with my Monstro. The fluid head balances well and moves smoothly. The tripod is robust. Once the Monstro is in place, it is not light, at all. In the "would I do it again department" - fluid head = Yes. Tripod = maybe not. Sometimes I use the Arrow head on Gitzo Series 5 tripod with a 75-100mm adapter. I don't find it quite as robust as the Miller but its convenient to wear on my back for walking to the shoot assembled (one leg back, two legs front - no spreader). It may look funky but my arms and shoulders don't ache when I get there.

I love the flowtech 100. Use it with Sachtler FSB 10 head around 90% of the time. Very simple and functional and light weight. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...9215544c2e0f68
    A Peter Strietmann
    plaidass1@mac.com
    [url]https://peterstrietmann.com

"Read or bleed people, learn or burn."

I have a Miller Arrow X 7 and O’Connor 30L I’ll sell you... Both are like new
    ------------
    DP/Colorist
    www.joelvoelker.com
    Seattle, WA