Thread: UI & UX ideas

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Alexander View Post
    Back in the days of the 5DMK3 with magic lantern installed, the electronic data from the lens was passed through to the UI and a focus distance was displayed. I always thought this was really useful for self-shooting and would be a great addition to the Komodo UI, especially with all the EF and RF glass available.
    I would expect it. DSMC2 has this feature.

3 presets are back with square buttons and better spacing, still don't know if it's enough. Last preset button moved away from "6K FF" button. Plus buttons get a more distinctive look.

Last edited by rand thompson; 04-21-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Next Idea,

If the Preset buttons don't work out, maybe set things up so that if you place a finger on a certain part of the screen or the entire screen itself for longer than 3 or 4 seconds, a transparency screen would show up with different features you could enable or disable. And the lettering would change as appropriate for different lighting situations. If the Presets 3 or 2 works out, maybe pressing the Preset button for 2 or 3 seconds would also bring up the transparency screen to choose the setting you wanted assigned to the button.

Last edited by rand thompson; 04-21-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Hi redusers,

I submit below my vision of our possible future UI.

I am aware that everything is not possible but I loved the previous idea of having lut and grid so I kept this.

I'm really attached to extra clean design who respect branding. So I tried to keep the original RED color as much as we can. Respect the typeface used on Red web and try to match the feeling the Red Branding reflect.
    I also tried to keep all the Design extremely organize and ergonomic for a nice user experience. Build a design who interact easily with what user do. If you connect a card for example the card button / quality selection become green ... Simple stuff, but just to keep logic everywhere.
    Tap to zoom feature and simple focus peaking can also appear automatically when you rotate the zoom ring on a lens but this is not needed to present here. I'm happy to hear your feedback. If you like it I will build more pages and transition in between pages.

Speak soon guys.

Very nice Jean-Charles. I like the cleanliness and bold colours (but perhaps they could be greyed out when rolling). For me personally, I'd prefer the histogram larger and I don't mind luts and grid lines being hidden away in the RED menu. Does the res and aspect ratio need to be that large? Usually that's something that gets changed only occasionally.

With slight changes and info included with Histogram/Goal Posts/Traffic lights/Temp/Cal.

Last edited by rand thompson; 04-21-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Tightened up horizontally, slightly bigger preset buttons, Histogram toggled off with one of the Preset buttons and more accurately approximating the actual viewable image.

EDIT:

The screen size is actually "taller" than I depicted earlier. Had to find an actual 1.9:1(17:9) aspect image to be truthful.

Last edited by rand thompson; 04-21-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    Very nice Jean-Charles. I like the cleanliness and bold colours (but perhaps they could be greyed out when rolling). For me personally, I'd prefer the histogram larger and I don't mind luts and grid lines being hidden away in the RED menu. Does the res and aspect ratio need to be that large? Usually that's something that gets changed only occasionally.
    Thanks Robert, why not greyed everything when it start rolling or even 30 % opacity to keep attracted to the framing. Histogram larger I also agree. Res / Aspect Ratio can definitely be smaller we can imagine a version that the histogram go one block more on the right and all the res menu lower totally. I have a lot of work during these weeks. But I will maybe check with my team and the designer who work with me to produce something more interesting in term of motion and pages system.

EDIT : Finaly its good if the 6K / RES button is still big cause maybe we don't need to clic on everything to open another pages. Why we don't have a UI who is like the apple Touch Bar. You know when you have the sound or brightness you can just slide fast your finger multiple time on it to go up or down. Same can happen here.
    Last edited by Jean-Charles Wundele; 04-22-2020 at 11:02 PM.

New Resolution.

Last edited by rand thompson; 04-22-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Temperature and Calibration info screen toggled on by one of the three preset buttons

Histogram/ Goal Posts / traffic lights toggled on by one of the three preset buttons