Thread: Canon FD PL mount Set For Sale

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Canon FD PL mount Set For Sale 
    Canon FD Set of PL Mount Lenses for Sale.

18k USD

24 1.4
    35 2
    50 1.2
    85 1.2
    100 2
    135 2

- PL mounts.
    - 80mm fronts that accept a clip on matte box.
    - Fronts do NOT rotate but some of the lenses extend a little during focus. The 135 does the most by far -- nearly an inch.
    - These are very compact lenses (!)
    - Gentle rehousings -- not super strong and amazing like Zero Optik. Not really for a rental house where guys will put hi-torque motors on them. But a good (and much lower cost) option for an independent shooter and potentially a great option for guys wanting to be able to shoot with something during this Covid situation.
    - Optics are quite good. Definitely worthy of a higher end rehousing if you choose to go that way in the future.
    - Focus is generally smooth, the Iris movement and 85 focus are less nice but still work with FF4 and/or low torque FIZ. Again, horses for courses, these are reasonable and economic housings for owner operators seeking to do excellent work with modest means.
    - Includes compact ATA case
    - PM me for sample footage

Hi all, I was super, super busy during the last 10 months and was not able to put together my own set of FD glass for Zero Optik to rehouse. I bought these from a fellow Reduser as a quick backup plan in case I wasn't able to assemble a decent set of FD glass; the glass in these is definitely worth further investment if desired. I have accomplished my time consuming goal of sourcing my own base lenses now and am able to sell these back into the market.

This is a very low pressure sale. I do not need to sell them. I mostly hope they go to a filmmaker that understands what they are and what they are not and to someone that makes a wise decision in this uncertain time. As a smaller or more independent shooter these could be an excellent option as they should serve you well for a fraction of the cost of alternatives. If these help you flourish during this time of uncertainty then that's great -- I'd love to sell these to you.
    Attached Images
    Regards,
    Paul Engstrom

RAW CAMERA COMPANY
    boutique image services
    www.rawcamera.com

RED Monstro/Helium ARRI LF/Mini SONY Venice PHANTOM 4k Flex
    Premium Lenses and Support: Leica, Zeiss, Cooke, Baltar, Lomo, Elite, Fujinon, Sigma, ZERO, Arri, Oconnor
    https://www.rawcamera.com/equipment/

Here's a few more photos
    Attached Images
    Regards,
    Paul Engstrom

RAW CAMERA COMPANY
    boutique image services
    www.rawcamera.com

Premium Lenses and Support: Leica, Zeiss, Cooke, Baltar, Lomo, Elite, Fujinon, Sigma, ZERO, Arri, Oconnor

Do you by chance know who did the rehousing?

Hi everyone,

I've updated some additional details in the original posting -- 80mm fronts. I also have some footage I just shot that I can send to a prospective purchaser if they PM me.

Re: your question Seth (and for anyone else) -- the housings say funkyfoto -- which I believe are some guys in the UK but I'm not sure they are actually rehoused there or much about the housings at all frankly. Again, my main reason to purchase was to secure a good set of FD glass, which this set has. Decently matched. Clean. Quite pretty actually, with wonderful flares on the 35, 50 and 85 especially.

Best,
    Paul
    Regards,
    Paul Engstrom

RAW CAMERA COMPANY
    boutique image services
    www.rawcamera.com

Hey Paul, these look really cool! That is all. :)

I hope you're well!

H
    www.hal-long.com
    hal_long [at] icloud

Epic-M Dragon

Hal -- Great to see you brother!!!

Thanks and take care :)

P
    Regards,
    Paul Engstrom

RAW CAMERA COMPANY
    boutique image services
    www.rawcamera.com