Thread: What is the RED film community doing while on lock down?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 What is the RED film community doing while on lock down? 
    This covid-19 pandemic could not of came at a worse time for me. As I was gaining more clients and building more relationships (Quality #1 - Being liked #2) this epidemic hit and of course work came to a grinding halt.

Now I am stuck in the house watching my equipment gather dust with all projects canceled and no prospects to look forward 2.

So I am now reduced to working on self produced youtube vidoes. Basic stuff but I refuse to sit on my hands. I need to do something cam related. I love what I do and want to do nothing else.. Once I started filming, it became my obsession.

So what are you fine folks doing in this unprecedented time? I would love to hear from everyone because even though I do not post much, this site has helped me with a myriad of issue via posts. Its a second home that is lurked..LOL

Sorry to hear Jamil. I'm sure it will pick up again eventually. Producing youtube videos is a good idea while on lockdown. Maybe consider some online courses as well, or learn how to use a new app?

I'm lucky in that I recently came home from a shoot in Botswana on which I massively overshot, so I have a ton of footage to work through and edit. I also shot a bunch of timelapses on my Canon, which are taking forever to process. So I can keep myself busy for the next month or so. After that, if it is still feasible, I'm going to look at a couple weeks remote camping trip with my family. After that we shall see...

Working on giving people tools to be able to collaborate from their different flats/home-offices

I’m learning Nuendo

Counting sheep...

Subbing... Working on concepts for our Reel but struggling to come up with good content that doesnt involve any people.. lol

Sitting at home wondering why some aren’t taking social distancing and isolation seriously.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

My dog is walking me three times a day.

Today just loading mags. I've been putting in 3 rounds then a tracer and every other round is AP, the goal being once I see the tracer I know I've got 3 rounds left.

Tomorrow planning on making chocolate chip cookies from scratch.

10. #10 What are you working on during Covid-19 Lockdown 
    The Production & Engineering portion of my business is on pause.

I started jumping back in to some web projects.
    I bootstrapped this site:

https://www.social-distance.org/ in my "spare time".

(BTW, looking for content ideas. I am continuing to build this site out somewhat quickly. Please share any features or info that would be relevant to a viewership looking for solid resources.)

I've had some clients reach out for streaming web broadcasts. And some others ask me if I do websites, ironically.

What are you all working on?? What's keeping you inspired???
    Last edited by Todd S; 03-23-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    S-W #6350 "Moonshot"