Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 *** NETFLIX SPEC FILM *** 
    EDIT:

Enough got to be enough I guess... :(

Thanks anyways.

Good Bye Reduser: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...79#post1893679

2. #2 Test, test, test 
    Love your enthusiasm Ketch. Putting together small groups and isolating the group from the rest of the world is likely to be how productions get back to shooting. If we actually had easy availability of test kits, segregated in person workgroups could be assembled for a variety of endeavors. Since this is a camera/tech forum I'll avoid digging into the myriad of issues surrounding COVID-19. That said, for the US and much of the world, I don't know how we get back to some version of normal until we can determine who does or does not have it - quickly and reliably, worldwide. Until then...

Cheers - #19

Thanks Blair,
    You have known me since the very beginning on this crazy RED adventure we are in, and you know I will never stop trying.

But yes, also we do need to not give up in the face of what is happening, and I truly believe that we can safely in very small pre-tested groups gather and create.

This is what this project is all about, hopefully give not just myself but other fellow Redusers and few good hearted passionate Actors a chance to create something amazing together.

Ketch, I only can give you this:

Italia nel ❤️ di Sarajevo! Solidarietŕ 100%!!!

Take care!

Thanks buddy!!

In part my wanting to do this is also because I know my family back home will need my full financial support soon, and with this film I do hope to be able to achieve the capacity to do just that for all of them.

One thing for sure I will not stay idle for months on end.

Ketch, if I can make a suggestion. Pay your actors upfront under the low budget SAG agreement. The rates are reasonable and you will probably get better response that way. You can offer some backend too, but it gives them incentive to take some risks. At this point, unless actors are desperate to get into the business or really love the script, I find it's hard to get good talent with no money upfront. I feel like it was easier to do this back in the 90's and early 2000's. It makes for a much better vibe on set if the actors are at least getting some form of payment, even $150/day which works out to basically what's being proposed for minimum wage in the US.

Also, one other challenge you will have is the medical clearance. How do you assure that everyone arrives at the house virus-free? When will the tests be conducted? What about travel to get there? Testing is a huge issue right now. Maybe it won't be as big a deal in a few weeks.

I always encourage you to take on whatever projects inspire you to create and I do so here too. I would just think those two issues through very carefully. If you can solve those, then the sky is the limit. Not sure when Netflix will be back up and running, right now everything has been shutdown, but assuming your project is months away from completion anyway, maybe it will time out fine.
    Steve Sherrick

Hey Steve,
    Always appreciate your input buddy!

Yeah I tough about it, but even at the $150/Day it comes out to $24k total.

Making harder to fund as a spec film, but I am looking in to get some money to do just that.

I do have already couple of girls interested, but you right, it won't be easy to find all of the needed talent without upfront pay at all.

But I do hope I do, if not, then I would have tried and will just need to continue to try and get an introduction to one of Netflix's Original Content Exec's to Pitch my projects to them for financing.

I am looking at doing this as soon as possible, but without any rush, so I think there should be no problems in testings, but yeah there would need to be a Do diligence in the methodology of testing.

Travel would have most likely to be by Car here in California.

Still looking for the House too.

Yeah, even at $150/day, it does add up. But hopefully you'll be able to raise the money and attract a larger talent pool.

Another thing to consider is the house as set/living space. I'm sure you've already thought about this one, but will you be able to maintain separation between set and living space? With 10 people that seems like it would require a massive house. Or perhaps you'll be able to find a place that has guest houses on the property?
    Steve Sherrick

Yep Steve,
    It does add up, but talking to some people to see if they are willing even to just put $10k each in exchange for a back end split deal.

The house will have to indeed be a leaving set type of place to make it work.

Looking at a 4 to 5 Bedroom Ranch/houses.

But yeah, the girls will need to share rooms either way for the duration.

And since the Coach never makes it in to the house and neither does one of the girls, we will be likely less than 10 in the house, with girls dying and leaving pretty fast.

And as I wrote, to make it less people, I will also be cooking for every one every day, Tirami-Sů included ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    Yep Steve,

And as I wrote, to make it less people, I will also be cooking for every one every day, Tirami-Sů included ;)
    You got me with the tiramisu :)

I would be up for helping you as crew/gear, but unfortionatly I am in Europe. So that won't work out for this project.