Thread: If you could only have 1 lens to pair with your Komodo, which would it be?

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale Goodman View Post
    while I plan to get a zoom, likely something like the Canon 24-105 or similar. I plan primarily to use my Leica M glass on it, a small lightweight setup with wonderful image quality

Yeah I don’t own any RF glass but I plan to use the m mount voigtlanders & GDU 24/40 & I plan to get the 24-105 or some of the RF primes.
    DoP at Cortex Films
    Calgary, Alberta

I ordered a Canon RF 24-105L for everyday general use. But i'd love to get some Leica M glass, I don't kmpow much about the mount set ups. is there an RF to M adaptor out there or an RF lens mount change out option?
    Silver Lake Studios Inc.
    Film Production and Stock Footage
    Rentals and other goodies at
    www.utahcinevideo.com
    www.slsfilm.com

I was excited to try the Canon RF 24-70 2.8 on my Komodo, testing the image stabilization and the minimal breathing... I didn't expect it to not work at all, I couldn't even change the aperture, I'd just assumed when they say they hadn't programmed it in they meant some other features like the new click ring, not basic functionality.

Anyone's guess when the firmware will be updated to support RF lenses?

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett_M View Post
    I was excited to try the Canon RF 24-70 2.8 on my Komodo, testing the image stabilization and the minimal breathing... I didn't expect it to not work at all, I couldn't even change the aperture, I'd just assumed when they say they hadn't programmed it in they meant some other features like the new click ring, not basic functionality.

Anyone's guess when the firmware will be updated to support RF lenses?
    Yes, RF control needs to be supported, otherwise, you can't communicate with the lens.

Have you tried the RF 15-35mm. I've been looking at the Tokina cine zoom 11-20, but I get so much more in terms of AF functionality with the RF 15-35mm so it would be nice to see some demo shots with that lens.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    Prime: Sigma CINE 40mm T1.5

Zoom: Fujinon Premier 18-85 T2

Cheers - #19
    Goddamn good choices.
    Director Of Photography <-Click here
    --Official Sigma Cine Ambassador--
    Represented by Walter Schupfer Management
    917 589 4424

Is there any news regarding RF lens support?

On the EF side - My Sigma 24-70 Art zoom still has no IS support and the autofocus bounces all over the place.

I'm returning a Canon RF lens today that I'd hoped to use on the Komodo the last month, but have given up on waiting for support.