Thread: Gemini + Canon CN-E Lenses

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Gemini + Canon CN-E Lenses 
    I recently purchased my first Red (Gemini) about 6-months ago and have been shooting an awful lot with my Canon CN-E Lenses and I wanted to provide a couple examples of this combination for reference for anyone interested in the looks that can be achieved with this combo. So far I am blown away with the IQ of my Gemini and CN-E lenses. Few recent projects/tests with this combo below...

R3D DSMC2 GEMINI

These shots look amazing. Did you use a specific LUT to color these?
    RED EPIC-W #3508

I have same combo. Looks great

Sorry for not getting back sooner with answers to your questions. I typically use the standard RED transform LUTS (usually Medium Contrast / Soft Size or Very Soft Size Highlight Rolloff) depending on the shot and how much contrast I want. I typically reduce contrast and tend to pull out milkier shadows even a bit even further with Phil Hollands Philm Color Cine Tone LUT. I also play around with Hrvoje Simic "Primers" LUTs for Gemini a bit as well. I have some orange and teal LUTs I have created myself through time but other than that all additional color manipulation, grading, color & hue/saturation curves, etc its all done manually and specifically for each project in FCPX which surprisingly has produced pretty decent results in comparison to Adobe/Davinci platforms with a much faster editing workflow.

Here is another example I recently finished...

R3D DSMC2 GEMINI