Thread: Easy bolts/screws for easily removing DSMC2 Side Handle

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Easy bolts/screws for easily removing DSMC2 Side Handle 
    Hi all,

I am sure this is something that already came out but I can't find anything on it.

I am looking for an easy way to remove a DSMC2 Side Handle on my GEMINI for quickly mounting the camera on a Movi Pro.

I notice that on the screws provided by RED, one of them is an easy one that you can remove with your finger (see image attached). Would it be possible to just buy 3 others ones like this? any other solution?
    https://www.emmanuelrondeau.com/temp/IMG_6016.jpg

Many thanks!
    Emmanuel.

From the looks of it the larger (thumb wheel removable) screw would not fit the opening pattern of the other screw sizes as the head is much larger on the one that is removable. Also, not sure if I would recommend this possibility even if it did work as if any of the screws were semi loose while holding/using the handgrip you can get short circuits or even worse have the camera body detach and you would really be out of luck. Unfortunately the inconvenience of the (non-quick removable) screws I think adds its weight in security/reliability. I have a wooden camera dsmc2 gold mount battery plate that is "tool-less" and I have had it come loose and short circuit my Red and give me error messages (at the time I had no clue what was wrong) but it was all because the battery plate was not completely tightened down. I can see this same scenario happening with the handgrip unfortunately. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Andrew Reese; 03-04-2020 at 08:20 PM.
    R3D DSMC2 GEMINI

Its not tool-less because there was fear it could loosen.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your messages.

I think we could have imagined a way to securely attach this handle while allowing for some flexibility in the way we attach/detach it, but if nothing exist...I guess I will do without.

Best,
    Emmanuel.