Thread: RED Monstro - Baked-In Settings button missing

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED Monstro - Baked-In Settings button missing 
    Hi guys -

I am having a reoccurring issue with my MONSTRO. For whatever reason the option to bake in the LUT into the proxies keeps getting disabled. I simply blanks out the options and saves a LOG3G10 Proxy by default. The only way to get the button back is to reset the camera. Oddly the moment I shut down the camera I lose the button again.

The camera just returned from a service at RED and I thought it was fixed but just a couple weeks later the issue just showed up again.
    Obviously I tried all the usuals: reset, full wipe, FW reinstall. Did not try to downgrade FW.

Here is a picture of what the screen looks like.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks!
    Tim

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    timsessler.com & brooklynaerials.com | RED Monstro 8K VV

Senior Member David J. Buchanan's Avatar
    When could you bake in a LUT into proxies? This is news to me... I know you can do IPP2 in 2K mode, but other than that, I didn't think you could, ever.
    BLACK - Now on Amazon!
    Corporate G&E Package
    Gemini, Zeiss Otus 28, 55, 85
    davidjbuchanan.com | wecofilms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sessler View Post
    Hi guys - I am having a reoccurring issue with my MONSTRO. For whatever reason the option to bake in the LUT into the proxies keeps getting disabled
    Tim,

You definitely should be able to bake in your settings when using proxies. I do this all the time usually at 2K with ProRes proxies. Unfortunately I cannot download your attached screengrab. Can you confirm if your problem is in the Menu>Settings>Recording>Codec>Baked-in settings and you cannot select "All image settings(Rec 709/SDR) but can only see "Primary Only (RWG/log3G10)?? I ask as this is more about the IPP2 workflow and not about 3rd Party LUTs. Having said that the Baked-in settings should work although I have never created 4K proxies so maybe there a limitation here? Is the camera holding the time ? Could the internal battery be flat? The fact that it works on a reset then drops away after a restart indicates a real problem that may need Reds attention.
    Tom Gleeson

Since IPP2 got release - you could either do LOG3G10 or all settings (meaning incl. look/LUT baked in).

Cheers!
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Here is the photo of the issue again:

The issue is that the actual button for the setting is blank.
    Also reached out to RED to see if they have an answer.

Thanks!
    Tim