Thread: Black Video in Premiere and Resolve

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Black Video in Premiere and Resolve 
    Hi All -

I'm just wondering if anyone's ever come across this:* I have 2 clips shot with a Red Epic MX. Both clips are from a short film and are different takes of the same angle.*When I drop either clip onto a timeline in Premiere OR Resolve, both of the clips show up as black on both timelines (and the entire rest of the film - shot with the same camera at essentially the same time - is fine).* But when I open the clips in RedCine X - they open and play fine.* One more thing - when I tell Premiere to "Reveal In Finder,"* It points to a folder with audio ONLY in it. I have another copy of the media at the director's house - I'll get replacement copies of the 2 clips.* But I'm concerned that Premiere and Resolve might read the same problem into the new clips.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tim Walton

Try exporting a proxy from Redcine... Its at least a quick fix until you verify media...
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez

Ok - Now I'm seeing that RedCine is seeing the clip as audio only - at least on the export dialogue...

I haven't seen black video and audio only in premiere. Did you import via the Media Browser? That's the ONLY way you should be importing .r3ds into Premiere.
    justin chin
    infinite machine
    www.infinitemachine.com

Yes - only through Media Browser.