Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO VAXIS WIRELESS VIDEO ACCESSORY!

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mike, would it be possible for you to add a D-Tap output or 5V USB output on the unit somewhere? I know that most V-Lock batteries now-days have D-Tap outputs, but it would be nice to have the extra flexibility for power output right there on your unit for powering a SmallHD Monitor, or Follow focus, or other accessories. Some of my generic V-Lock batteries don't have any D-Tap output at all, so I end up having to add batteries for my SmallHD. (My apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere and I missed it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Liu View Post
    We're actually curious to hear what you guys think pricing will be!
    If it's in the same range as the Atom 500, assuming I also had the Komodo, I would buy one.

Second the extra D-Tap!

Pricewise I would't pay more than 25-50% over an Atom 500 set.

If you could focus pull with this that would be great. I'm seeing reviews of the Atom 500 and there's a noticeable delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
    If you could focus pull with this that would be great. I'm seeing reviews of the Atom 500 and there's a noticeable delay.
    Haven't tested for myself and can't speak with knowing a Vaxis SDI unit in comparison, but with every other HDMI connection here and there lag is always an issue. Camera output lag to start with and input lag adds to it. There are even lots of cheap HDMI monitors showing lag through cabled HDMI. I guess we need to see how it performs through SDI actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Palick View Post
    Mike, would it be possible for you to add a D-Tap output or 5V USB output on the unit somewhere? I know that most V-Lock batteries now-days have D-Tap outputs, but it would be nice to have the extra flexibility for power output right there on your unit for powering a SmallHD Monitor, or Follow focus, or other accessories. Some of my generic V-Lock batteries don't have any D-Tap output at all, so I end up having to add batteries for my SmallHD. (My apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere and I missed it.)
    Jared, our main goal with this ATOM 600 module is to provide wireless video capabilities in a small form factor. That being said, our focus will be stability and we won't be able to add additional USB or D-Tap outputs to the unit. But as you mentioned, most batteries now have that extra D-Tap / USB outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
    It depends on the source output. The results we've seen on our own testings have been between the 80-120ms range (please see the video in the link):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkyvGJGv0Fo

But this unit will be <0.1s, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Eymannsberger View Post
    But this unit will be <0.1s, right?
    Yes, it is 0.1s delay

Since NAB was cancelled and word in price? I know you were going to release during NAB. I would be willing to even buy this now just to have it for when the Komodo is released. I’m going to PM you as well.
    Dragon-X
    Stormtrooper Komodo