View Poll Results: Who thinks they will get a Komodo on release?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please!

137 76.54%
  • No I am happy to wait a few months and see...

42 23.46%

Thread: Who thinks they will try get a Komodo at launch? Poll.

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'll be buying the very second Jarred says I can.

I don't see it replacing my very loved Helium, but as a B cam and on my Ronin I think
    it'll make it's self very useful on my commercial shoots. The idea I don't need
    an hour down time on set to rig the Helium on the Ronin is huge for me and my agency.
    ---------------------------
    Curtis Boggs
    www.cboggs.com

Cinematographer-DP-Colorist
    Epic-W 8k (Spanky)
    Komodo 6k (baby)
    Sigma Cinema zoom set
    Leica-R Cine mod prime set
    DZOfilm Pictor zoom set 20-55, 50-125
    Various other strange or vintage lenses

A combination of oil prices and the corona virus has sent the Norweigan currency in free fall. When we bought our first Red (2011) we paid 5,50 for a Dollar, this morning it was over 12 krona to the dollar�� I hope it goes back to normal before the Komodo launches. Fingers crossed

we dont have a release date do we? i would say it all depends when that date is and what's going on in the world. i know i wouldnt pay more for a white one though, ill wait for black.

There's no release date-- Jarred recently suggested that May would be the earliest it's announced. But even if the Komodos were ready to go right now, I imagine RED might hold off from taking orders-- it's gotta be difficult to release a product into such an uncertain market, where capital is constrained and most upcoming production has been cancelled or put on hold indefinitely.

I'd also guess that there are also serious constraints on the sales and support staff that RED would typically want available at the time of a product launch.

I'd guess that it's possible the Komodo Stormtroopers go out, though-- there might well be enough RED fans who are comfortable making the investment and providing the rest of us with test footage.

The new sharpness test: at what distance can a given lens/sensor combo resolve the fine print on the back of a bottle of hand sanitizer ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by M Harvey View Post
    There's no release date-- Jarred recently suggested that May would be the earliest it's announced. But even if the Komodos were ready to go right now, I imagine RED might hold off from taking orders-- it's gotta be difficult to release a product into such an uncertain market, where capital is constrained and most upcoming production has been cancelled or put on hold indefinitely.

I'd also guess that there are also serious constraints on the sales and support staff that RED would typically want available at the time of a product launch.

I'd guess that it's possible the Komodo Stormtroopers go out, though-- there might well be enough RED fans who are comfortable making the investment and providing the rest of us with test footage.

The new sharpness test: at what distance can a given lens/sensor combo resolve the fine print on the back of a bottle of hand sanitizer ;-)
    or maybe it's smart to release them during these times which may slow the demand and they could actually keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    or maybe it's smart to release them during these times which may slow the demand and they could actually keep up!
    Looking on the bright side!

Million Dollar question:

When is the release date?

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    But I guess if it was a RED camera, someone would have called it James or Mr. Bond.
    No, they'd called it either Domino, Kissy, Anya, Pussy, Stacey, May Day, Wai Lin, Elektra, Jinx, Vesper, or any of the other Bond girls.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Unsplash | Pinterest | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

No ... I will wait until I can afford it. Going through a rough spot.
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

I had planned on getting one within minutes of having the opportunity to buy one just like Ive done with every Red camera since the Epic-M. But the way things are going there is pretty much no chance that will happen this time around.
    www.pixelworkers.tv

Instagram: @pixelworker58