Thread: Phil's Quick Tips: Camera Recording Media

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Phil's Quick Tips: Camera Recording Media 
    Some stuff that's on my mind after the recent award season. A bit off the cuff for me, but with Komodo around the corner and some of the other new cameras out there, this might help in understanding how things work and I tossed in my usual best practices and way off topic ramblings.

http://www.phfx.com/articles/qt_recordingMedia/
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Thanks Phil!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Some stuff that's on my mind after the recent award season. A bit off the cuff for me, but with Komodo around the corner and some of the other new cameras out there, this might help in understanding how things work and I tossed in my usual best practices and way off topic ramblings.

http://www.phfx.com/articles/qt_recordingMedia/

Love it, Phil!

You mentioned “clean everything” and it reminded me of something valuable I learned from Doug Hart: Don’t over-clean lenses.

Another lesson I learned from Operator Ian Lynch was: Never run with a lens in your hands and, in fact, never run on set at all unless it is when a stunt goes wrong. When that happens, and it will happen if you have any longevity in the business, run for your frickin’ life. And don’t try to save any camera equipment. Camera equipment can be replaced. Lives cannot.

SoS